U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2007, 03:05 PM

1,678 posts, read 3,211,970 times

Advertisements

I think we've narrowed it down to these two neighborhoods. I've done all the research I can, and I would really appreciate any input from someone who lives there and knows the real deal.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2007, 03:14 PM

229 posts, read 1,008,087 times
It depends on what you are really looking for:

Wakefield Plantation
is a FHale Irwin Country Club community (golf, tennis) with homes reaching into the millions.

Bedford at Falls River is also a great community with amenities. There are also several sections in Bedford, ranging from Townhomes to Executive Homes. The lots sizes are a bit smaller and the neighborhood has that small town feel. The homes have the Charleston style architecture which is very appealing to a lot of families.

What's your style?

Old 04-22-2007, 03:33 PM

9,726 posts, read 28,496,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscomac View Post
I think we've narrowed it down to these two neighborhoods. I've done all the research I can, and I would really appreciate any input from someone who lives there and knows the real deal.

Thanks!
Don't know if you already read this thread, but here is a link to a discussion about Bedford:

//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...terior+Bedford

Old 04-22-2007, 03:43 PM

Thank you so much for that!!!

Old 05-01-2007, 07:12 PM

We are now down to two homes: one in Bedford and one in Wakefield. I'm still torn, so I thought I'd bump this.

We have two children, ages 12 and 10. Anyone know which neighborhood (if either) has more children or is more child-friendly? Any other differences that are worth noting?

These two houses are very close in price, size, and lot size, so the neighborhood atmosphere itself is really the only variable.

Thanks!

Old 05-01-2007, 07:26 PM

578 posts, read 2,947,117 times
I just bought in Falls River. My Realtor talked to a neighbor recently and said there's 21 kids in our cul-de-sac alone. Nearly every house in the development has playgrounds, swings, and basketball hoops. It seems to be chock full of kids. I'd assume Bedford would be the same since they're virtually connected.

There's a few other peeps here that live in Bedford that should be able to confirm or deny that.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:52 PM

2,834 posts, read 11,441,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscomac View Post
We are now down to two homes: one in Bedford and one in Wakefield. I'm still torn, so I thought I'd bump this.

We have two children, ages 12 and 10. Anyone know which neighborhood (if either) has more children or is more child-friendly? Any other differences that are worth noting?

These two houses are very close in price, size, and lot size, so the neighborhood atmosphere itself is really the only variable.

Thanks!

Based on what I have seen, I think that bedford has more playgrounds, etc within the community. Wakefield has the Y, but doesn't necessarily have the play areas, etc. My friends who live in wakefield always go visit their friends in bedford so that they can use the playground!!!!!

Wakefield has the powerline issue, which bugs some people. It really is a toss up, I think some of it will depend on your commute issues (if there are any)

Leigh

Old 05-01-2007, 08:25 PM

Thank you! This is exactly the kind of local input I was hoping for.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:52 PM

374 posts, read 1,521,697 times
We looked at those two and liked bedford a bit better only because it felst more like one community. Wakefield has many small sections that seem to be disconnected or cut off from one another. I guess they are grouped by price range but they didnt f l o w together like Bedford (or Heritage where we ended up). My brother lives in townhomes in Wakefield and loves the area though. But when he has kids and buys a SF home he likely will go to bedford/heritage.

Good luck!!! Let us know what the outcome is.

Old 05-06-2007, 05:28 PM

We bought in Bedford! I think we've made the right decision. I'll let you know after June 14th!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary