Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2009, 07:00 PM

363 posts, read 441,287 times

Advertisements

I am pondering a move to the Tar Heel State, where I lived as a child. I loved NC, and my husband too is ready for a change. I recently graduated with a degree in horticulture (greenhouse and nursery production) and have been applying for jobs. We sent for relocation guides, but they don't mention the part of the state where the jobs I'm applying for are at. So far, the jobs were in Wilson and Edgecombe counties. Johnston county is the closest these guides cover. We want to check out Raleigh/Durham, my husband is in construction and needs to find work that is not so seasonal (or at least in an area with a longer season). Is the commute very far from the city to these counties? What area is that considered? Please help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 07:14 PM

4,314 posts, read 6,007,884 times
Sims isn't generally considered to be part of the Triangle, although it's probably only about a 30-minute drive from the eastern edge of Raleigh and certainly closer than that to the eastern suburbs of Raleigh and the Triangle.

Zebulon and Wendell are on the eastern edge of Wake County, 15-20 minutes from Sims and definitely considered "Triangle".

Old 07-31-2009, 07:44 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,177,185 times
Sims? Nope, not part of "the Triangle."

Old 07-31-2009, 09:06 PM

363 posts, read 441,287 times
Thanks for your replies, SFSpiderman your info is esp. helpful. I will research specifics on those two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary