Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2011, 01:28 PM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times

Advertisements

Four.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 01:43 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,676,988 times
I hope that there can be finally be a resolution to this controversial and sad ordeal.

My sincere condolences to the Bowden family.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:04 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,006 times
Not trying to be debbie downer or anything but Mr. Bowden passed away almost 2 months ago...Where have you guys been?

My only hope is that his estate will continue to fight this with the TOC. I think for people following this story (regardless of what side you were/are on) that sign was symbolic.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:56 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggJoe4181 View Post
Not trying to be debbie downer or anything but Mr. Bowden passed away almost 2 months ago...Where have you guys been?

My only hope is that his estate will continue to fight this with the TOC. I think for people following this story (regardless of what side you were/are on) that sign was symbolic.
We have been in COpper Harbor, Michigan and just returned last Saturday.

Seems some news doesn't travel far?

Old 07-31-2011, 11:18 AM

15 posts, read 27,838 times
The N&O article about the sign coming down was posted 29Jul2011, this thread was started on the same day. I realize it's been two months since the owner passed away, but I don't see any issue in expressing that you are sorry that he passed away on this thread.

Old 07-31-2011, 11:47 AM

91 posts, read 180,864 times
I think most people are genuinely sad to see anyone pass away. Even though I am happy that the sign is coming down, I am sorry that home owner died.. Cancer sucks.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:00 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,620,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
Many of the homes along Maynard had parts of their front yards taken back for the road expansion. I don't know if this is why that sign is out there or not but I think it may be a possibility. Most homes have an 8' easement on their property for utilities etc. Most of us think the city will never take it but often times it happens.
He put the sign on his house because the road work caused water damage to his basement. If that is the case the town should have fixed the problem.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:55 PM

388 posts, read 848,727 times
Just browsing through some forums and came across this. I know its a dead topic, but if I die defending americans freedom, and protesters are allowed to picket my funeral within ear and eyeshot of my mouring friends and family, then you should be able to spray paint whatever the hell you want on your house.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:11 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,096,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
He put the sign on his house because the road work caused water damage to his basement. If that is the case the town should have fixed the problem.
First of all, the water damage was a documented problem in his house before the road work. Second, the town did offer to fix the problem but he refused to accept. The only thing he wanted was for the town to buy his house and the town refused to do that.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:53 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,620,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
First of all, the water damage was a documented problem in his house before the road work. Second, the town did offer to fix the problem but he refused to accept. The only thing he wanted was for the town to buy his house and the town refused to do that.
I guess I haven't heard the whole story. I've read several articles about this and none of them mentioned what you said. I heard the town blamed the damage on his gutters, there was nothing about Cary offering to fix the problem or him wanting Cary to buy his house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary