Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 05:45 AM

2,459 posts, read 8,075,006 times

Advertisements

It will be interesting to see what you find with regards to the yellow light interval. The National Motorists Association (formerly CCRTL) has documented numerous cases of short yellow lights. Here's a link to a web page with more information about how yellow light intervals should be calculated ("should" being used here from a safety/engineering perspective as opposed to say, revenue generating) :

Yellow Light Time Standards | Stop Short Yellow Lights

Frank
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2014, 08:18 AM

400 posts, read 526,875 times
Default sliding on ice this AM

Hey. At 6:00am this morning, I tried to make an abrupt stop so that I would be SURE not to get screwed by this particular camera, but the road was covered with ice and I slid (as my engine stalled from the sudden nature of the stop) past the "stop bar" and right into the cross-walk.

I have two questions: 1 - Since I never got to the middle of the intersection and ended up sitting spread across the cross-walk, but over the stop bar, is this a violation?

2 - how can you find out OTHER THAN getting this thing in the mail - whether the camera thinks you violated the red-light? I don't receive any post-office mail so how can you contact someone who can tell you whether or not you have a problem? I also heard that your credit report will get impacted if you don't pay the thing - but if you never receive it, then what happens? I am making every effort to do the right thing - but between the icy roads and not using the post office, they sure make it hard.

Thanks.

Old 03-08-2014, 08:32 AM

2,464 posts, read 4,163,456 times
The ticket will be mailed to the address associated with your license plate. Who's address are you using?

Old 03-08-2014, 09:01 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
If you stopped in the crosswalk you didn't enter the intersection. The camera takes a picture of your plate, it does not sound like you were anywhere near close enough for the camera to snap a picture of the back of your car where the plate is. I doubt it was considered a violation.

Is that camera still thee? I thought it had been removed a while back, but could be wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary