Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 08:57 AM

892 posts, read 3,152,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2NC96 View Post
I spoke with a realtor last week about listing mine. I was told the only area that seems to be moving well are homes priced in the 110k-150k range.
I last heard under $300.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 01:13 PM

1,997 posts, read 3,564,917 times
Make sure you have a website with a lot of good pictures. When I was house shopping I would hit the internet first, then do a drive by, then finally schedule a look with a Realtor.

Old 08-31-2009, 04:46 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,047,358 times
One thing that drives me nuts about looking at houses on one of the main real estate sites is that sometimes there is a written description, in paragraph form, and sometimes there isn't.

I would fire any real estate agent who didn't write a description of my home, including all its highlights and reasons why people might want to live in it AND post as many photos as the system will handle. In this economy, it should be mandatory. To me, if the info is missing, it shows the the real estate agent just doesn't want to work that hard.

Last edited by lovebrentwood; 08-31-2009 at 06:13 PM..

Old 08-31-2009, 06:10 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,839,355 times
Put a video on Youtube, and an ad with link on Craig's list as well as a google street view link. And as other posters noted, any other way you can get in on the web. Co intranet's as suggested, work well. Try yahoo an any web place you can. Your realtor should be able to tell you what to expect in terms of # of days homes stay on the market in your area. Is your house one of the bigger ones in your neighborhood? If so, sometimes realtors market to the same neighborhood to see if someone wants to trade up to a larger home or knows of someone looking. Do you tweet? If so, do a tiny URL link to youtube.
Why don't you share with folks here what your realtor has outlined his/her action plan is to move your house? There are lots of folks in the know including some realtors who might give you some pointers if perhaps your realtor is a bit green? Hopefully you fully vetted your realtor to be sure they'd do more than throw it on MLS in this peculiar market. it could simply be that you need a little time for folks to start looking at it. How long has it been on MLS.
Oh, also, do a search for your house on whatever realtor site(s) you prefer. Make sure the photos show the house in the best light. I've seen some horrible ones and then when I visited the home it was beautiful. I've seen glaring errors in postings before that I know deterred buyers like listing the HOA dues triple what it really was...everyone makes typos!

Old 09-02-2009, 11:41 AM

22 posts, read 75,574 times
I am currently listed on AOL real estate, yahoo, craigslist, oodle, realtor.com, and mls. If I wanted to sell my house fast...which do you think would help more...to lower the sale price or advertise to pay some closing costs? What do you guys think of ebay real estate? Is it worth the money?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary