Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 05:54 PM

14 posts, read 29,485 times

Advertisements

Many thanks to you Lisalrenee for posting Comets pictures. I want to thank everyone on here for their support and prayers.

Chazman53

Old 08-03-2009, 06:12 PM

93 posts, read 328,822 times
I'm just now seeing this, but when we lost our cat, we used FindToto dot com. They were wonderful! Immediately they put out a phone call to every residence within like a 5-mile radius of our home. We received a lot of calls right away from those who had seen him, and if we had only known about this place sooner, we may have our cat back. The first few hours are so important. I hope you find your precious pet.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:05 PM

62 posts, read 224,229 times
** I do not work for bone voyage, I am a loyal client, and will continue to use them as they are a wonderful company. They have a very loyal client base and I can promise that they will also continue to use them as well.

Since you do not have your story straight.. I'll tell you what happened on the day your dog ran away. Since Comet was not wearing a collar, he was put on a slip lead and as the 3 of your dogs were being brought back in from being walked outside which is inside one of the 3 enclosed fenced yards, he pulled out of the leash and ran out the back door back out into the fenced in area. He got through a 2" crack in the locked fence and ran across the street to a business that owned a (yes you were originally told it was a Cattle dog, it has since been determined that it is an) Australian Shepard who chased Comet into the field. This Australian Shepard was not a client at BV. It is owned by a employee of a business on the same street. Multiple people, staff and otherwise were called and took time off of their own jobs to come and look for your dog. This went on all day on Wednesday and the following days. The staff and other volunteers spent multiple hours looking for your pet and putting out flyers. I personally put out flyers for your dog as did others so it is NOT true for you to say there were no posters put out.
You have posted on CL multiple time saying that Comet was shy and scared of unknown strangers, hence why he was taken out on a leash. BV does not advertise on CL, but yes, a msg was put up the day that Comet ran away on this website as well as multiple others. Fliers were posted and given out by BV, as I received one from them when I picked up my pet, as well as the one that was put in my mailbox over the weekend. I know that the one in my mailbox was not distributed by BV, as I have been assisting in the search for your missing dog.

For all those wondering, please see the list below of the people, groups and so on that have been contacted in the return of your dog:

The local vets, Wake and JoCo animal shelters, The JoCo Highway Patrol, Local Fire Depts, Food delivery companies such as local Pizza places, city of Clayton Animal Control, local mobile groomer and local petsitters who work the area. They posted lost dog ads on Wake SPCA website and the Wake Co. Shelter website. They also contacted the Dept of Agriculture, who sent out an email to ALL of the Kennels in the State of NC, with a photo and description in case he was taken to any of those facilities. This has NEVER been done before.

I completely understand that you are upset they your dog ran away. I would be too... but trashing this company without giving the whole story is ridiculous. Slander is not becoming. I feel that I can set the record straight because I have been involved with the search for your dog on their end since it started and I know the extent that they have gone through for you. I also know they are still actively pursuing all resources available to them to find your dog.

Last edited by smallone0320; 08-03-2009 at 07:49 PM..

Old 08-03-2009, 07:35 PM

12,626 posts, read 31,900,849 times
Sorry to hear this. I hope Comet finds his way back home soon! Make sure that you contact all of the local shelters immediately. Does he have a microchip? I'd also call all the vets around. Fax a flyer to them.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:06 PM

234 posts, read 820,447 times
You dont work for them, yet you have all this info?

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallone0320 View Post
** I do not work for bone voyage, I am a loyal client, and will continue to use them as they are a wonderful company. They have a very loyal client base and I can promise that they will also continue to use them as well.

Since you do not have your story straight.. I'll tell you what happened on the day your dog ran away. Since Comet was not wearing a collar, he was put on a slip lead and as the 3 of your dogs were being brought back in from being walked outside which is inside one of the 3 enclosed fenced yards, he pulled out of the leash and ran out the back door back out into the fenced in area. He got through a 2" crack in the locked fence and ran across the street to a business that owned a (yes you were originally told it was a Cattle dog, it has since been determined that it is an) Australian Shepard who chased Comet into the field. This Australian Shepard was not a client at BV. It is owned by a employee of a business on the same street. Multiple people, staff and otherwise were called and took time off of their own jobs to come and look for your dog. This went on all day on Wednesday and the following days. The staff and other volunteers spent multiple hours looking for your pet and putting out flyers. I personally put out flyers for your dog as did others so it is NOT true for you to say there were no posters put out.
You have posted on CL multiple time saying that Comet was shy and scared of unknown strangers, hence why he was taken out on a leash. BV does not advertise on CL, but yes, a msg was put up the day that Comet ran away on this website as well as multiple others. Fliers were posted and given out by BV, as I received one from them when I picked up my pet, as well as the one that was put in my mailbox over the weekend. I know that the one in my mailbox was not distributed by BV, as I have been assisting in the search for your missing dog.

For all those wondering, please see the list below of the people, groups and so on that have been contacted in the return of your dog:

The local vets, Wake and JoCo animal shelters, The JoCo Highway Patrol, Local Fire Depts, Food delivery companies such as local Pizza places, city of Clayton Animal Control, local mobile groomer and local petsitters who work the area. They posted lost dog ads on Wake SPCA website and the Wake Co. Shelter website. They also contacted the Dept of Agriculture, who sent out an email to ALL of the Kennels in the State of NC, with a photo and description in case he was taken to any of those facilities. This has NEVER been done before.

I completely understand that you are upset they your dog ran away. I would be too... but trashing this company without giving the whole story is ridiculous. Slander is not becoming. I feel that I can set the record straight because I have been involved with the search for your dog on their end since it started and I know the extent that they have gone through for you. I also know they are still actively pursuing all resources available to them to find your dog.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNC View Post
You dont work for them, yet you have all this info?

John

No, I don't work for them- I have been a client of theirs for years.
I was involved in the search that day and each day since then. I was there the day it happened, and helped devise a plan to help find this dog. That is how I know what happened, and what has been done on behalf of this situation.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:16 PM

234 posts, read 820,447 times
Oh, and I would love to see how a dog gets out of a 2" crack in a fence. Bottom line is they lost the dog. The company is a fault for the loss of the dog.

John

Quote:
No, I don't work for them- I have been a client of theirs for years.
I was involved in the search that day and each day since then. I was there the day it happened, and helped devise a plan to help find this dog. That is how I know what happened, and what has been done on behalf of this situation.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:26 PM

Bottom line is the dog ran away. He was spotted once when we were searching in the field and he ran away from us while we were calling him. And John, what have you done to find the dog?

Old 08-03-2009, 08:30 PM

112 posts, read 236,647 times
strange how the kennel will promptly charge her for services as advertised, yet when there is a problem, and (I consider not having holes the fences secured, a problem), she has to find out the real story on a message board from a "non" employee.

Why not do the right thing and call. Give her an update.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:33 PM

90 posts, read 325,964 times
Quote:
You have posted on CL multiple time saying that Comet was shy and scared of unknown strangers, hence why he was taken out on a leash. BV does not advertise on CL, but yes, a msg was put up the day that Comet ran away on this website as well as multiple others.
There are multiple ads titled "Bone Voyage Pet Sitting Services" on Raleigh Craigslist. The city it's listed under is Cary, so it might be an unusual coincidence:

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/pet/1296662065.html (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary