Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2007, 07:56 PM

50 posts, read 254,751 times

Advertisements

Hello! I am moving to cary in late June and am looking for oil painting class (preferably class in daytime, weekdays). I learned oil painting as a hobby for 5 years. I was going to attend a class in community college, but it seems like there's not much community college that has painting class in cary/ raleigh/ morrisville area. Any information about oil painting class will help me a lot. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2007, 09:27 AM

306 posts, read 1,306,360 times
I work primarily with acrylics. I also do some mixed media art projects. I like to do my own thing rather than have formal instruction. Still, I do miss the art studio atmosphere of college.

The town of Cary has some oil painting classes listed in their Spring brochure. I am sure there will be similar offerings later on in the year.
http://www.townofcary.org/depts/prdept/programs.htm (broken link)

The city of Raleigh has plenty of art classes too. They also have a Painting - Open Studio opportunity whereby you work independently but in the company of others.
http://www.raleighnc.gov/publication...ure_Ledger.PDF

I imagine there are other classes available in the area. Hopefully someone else has the information.

* I would love to see a large art studio for adults. Readers can hang out at libraries, bookstores and coffeeshops. I think it would be a super business idea to have a similar venue for painters and other artists. It would need great natural lighting, faucets/sinks, lockers etc. Maybe an on-site cafe. A garden for botanical art. You could have a day-pass or a monthly pass. Does this already exist in the area?

Old 04-24-2007, 04:25 PM

Default art studio

Thank you for the information about art class.
The art studio you described sounds like heaven to me. If there is a place like that in the area, I will definitely join. Art lovers really need a place to get together.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:16 PM

6 posts, read 44,555 times
Wake Tech Community College has evening Oil Painting Classes. You can check the schedule here. I have taken these classes twice and loved the technique. The teacher is very nice and shows some real good tricks and tips. I am planning to register again in Summer.
http://conted.waketech.edu/schedules/art.php

Last edited by johny120; 04-26-2007 at 01:31 PM..

Old 04-26-2007, 05:57 PM

Default Thanks!

Thank you for the wonderful information. I went to the website and it seems like Wake Tech Community College has wonderful art classes. I feel better now even though I don't think I can attend the evening classes, just because I found some nice community oil painting classes in the area. I hope you have a wonderful class there again this summer!

Old 04-27-2007, 08:38 AM

6 posts, read 44,555 times
You can also check out Michael's. The one in Brier Creek Commons have oil painting classes every Tuesday from 9:30AM - Noon for $20 each class. Let me know if you find something else in Cary/Morrisville.

Old 04-27-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Thanks again!

Thank you and I will let you know if I find other oil painting classes in the area!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary