Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 02:49 PM

80 posts, read 341,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonorio View Post
Buffalo Beef on Weck, anyone?

The closest thing to Beef on Weck I have had in the triangle was Blinkos, but it closed. They were close but it also wasn't consistent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 03:00 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,232,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dba4life View Post
The closest thing to Beef on Weck I have had in the triangle was Blinkos, but it closed. They were close but it also wasn't consistent.
There you go. Proof that southerners like their traditional food. Evidently not enough New England folks here to keep them in business. LOL

Old 11-19-2013, 03:13 PM

1,029 posts, read 1,920,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dba4life View Post
Kelly's Roast Beef was definitely not the best RB, but they are big enough that they could pull off opening a store down here with the name recognition that would pull. I guess someone in the Kelley's organization would have to get sick of shoveling snow like the rest of us.

Old 11-19-2013, 06:12 PM

810 posts, read 1,445,695 times
Actually I liked shoveling snow. Nice rate of exercise, pretty much full-body workout, good cardio rate, working with material that is clean and pretty. And you're outside so you can smoke a cigar while you're working.

It was the relentless unending cold that got me.

Kelly's you say? Should I look that up?

Old 11-20-2013, 05:17 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,561,677 times
There's a beef on weck place in Wilmington, in case you ever have a craving during a beach trip. I don't know how good it is but I meant to try it...South College Deli, near Petco and Staples.

Old 11-20-2013, 06:16 AM

1,029 posts, read 1,920,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonorio View Post
Actually I liked shoveling snow. Nice rate of exercise, pretty much full-body workout, good cardio rate, working with material that is clean and pretty. And you're outside so you can smoke a cigar while you're working.

It was the relentless unending cold that got me.

Kelly's you say? Should I look that up?

Kelly's Roast Beef - Creator of the Original Roast Beef Sandwich ? Since 1951

They were made modestly famous for a mention in the movie "Good Will Hunting"

My guess is you are not from the North. Shoveling is not about exercise. It is about waking up 90 minutes earlier a few times a month to clean your driveway. And its not so much the shoveling. It's about the end of your driveway where the plows made a 4 foot tall ice wall. It's about getting 3 inches of snow on Monday.....then again on Wednesday....Then again on Friday. It's about steping out of your car and that gray slush pours in over the top of your shoes as you walk into work.

Old 12-31-2014, 10:58 PM

2,001 posts, read 3,570,607 times
Spirits in Cary has a pretty good french dip, with horseradish mayo. I have them hold the cheese. They has have a Philly version with pepper and onions.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:51 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,019,990 times
People sure do miss their sandwiches here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary