Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 09:48 AM

351 posts, read 770,294 times

Advertisements

I'll second the LI traffic comparison -- Wake Forest to RTP is nowhere near it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 10:30 AM

234 posts, read 822,694 times
The problem with Brier Creek is how much crap they are packing into such a small place. The traffic is bad there and is only going to get worse. I used to live in Brier Creek and I was happy to leave.

PS...I am from a big city and love New York, so I am used to busy places.

John

Old 08-10-2009, 11:10 AM

1,364 posts, read 6,022,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by byebyenortheast View Post
I'll second the LI traffic comparison -- Wake Forest to RTP is nowhere near it.
Of course, this is a bit like saying "I'd rather be punched in the shoulder than punched in the face"

I'd just assume not be punched at all.

I moved out of LA in part due to the crowds, and traded my 40 minute commute for a 12 minute commute.

Would a 30 minute commute in RTP be better than my 40 minute commute in LA? Sure it would be...but part of the point for moving here was to improve as much in my life as I could...there's a reason why you hate your current commute.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:44 PM

820 posts, read 2,787,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
My personal opinion is that I prefer Heritage.

Heritage has more of a calm homey feel TO ME.

Brier Creek is over rated, in my opinion.

Vicki
I would say the same for the Brier Creek as well if considering the country club. If you're talking about the area then yeah, the shopping center across the street is definitely not homey. I know you know that Vickie, I'm just clarifying for an outsider who might get confused. I consider the country club and the shopping center to separate entities but a lot of people tend to lump them all together.

I do like the course and the variety of homes in Heritage better (since they have multiple builders).

As Sneezecake has mentioned though, if you don't mind the 30+ minute commute to most areas outside of Wake Forest then Heritage is a really great consideration.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezecake View Post
Would a 30 minute commute in RTP be better than my 40 minute commute in LA? Sure it would be...but part of the point for moving here was to improve as much in my life as I could...there's a reason why you hate your current commute.
I'd give you more rep points but the system won't allow. Most commutes here are going to be more bearable than LA, NY, and Atl. If golf courses are priority there are at least a couple of country clubs the OP should consider that will be be less than half the commute Heritage would be to RTP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNC View Post
The problem with Brier Creek is how much crap they are packing into such a small place. The traffic is bad there and is only going to get worse. I used to live in Brier Creek and I was happy to leave.

PS...I am from a big city and love New York, so I am used to busy places.

John
I lived in Brier Creek as well. Brier Creek gets referenced as a whole area that compromises different neighborhoods the shopping center etc... I agree that the shopping center's traffic can be a bit of a mess, but it's avoidable. The country club in contrast is easy to enter and exit as there are traffic lights at the main entrance, and it leads right to I-540.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:03 PM

137 posts, read 552,800 times
I looked at Brier Creek. The lots did not appeal to me at all, small and very few trees. Additionally, I noticed that people have started putting pools on their own lots, rather than use the community pool. The houses adjacent to these pool lots have no privacy whatsoever. Lastly, I thought the Toll Brothers houses were terrible quality. Just my opinion.

I bought elsewhere.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:26 PM

16 posts, read 34,622 times
yeah we found the lots at brier creek country club a bit small. we definitly want a golf course community so i understand i would be sacrificing a large backyard in order to live near/on a golf course. the paradox is, i like being remote from traffic and congestion and a bit out of the way (heritage), however the last ten years of commuting in bumper to bumper traffice or being cramped into a subway car, makes me really welcome a short stress-free commute to work (brier creek cc). i guess there is no perfect place! i also heard that toll brothers has a bit of reputation of building sub-par homes as far as construction goes.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbound! View Post
yeah we found the lots at brier creek country club a bit small. we definitly want a golf course community so i understand i would be sacrificing a large backyard in order to live near/on a golf course. the paradox is, i like being remote from traffic and congestion and a bit out of the way (heritage), however the last ten years of commuting in bumper to bumper traffice or being cramped into a subway car, makes me really welcome a short stress-free commute to work (brier creek cc). i guess there is no perfect place! i also heard that toll brothers has a bit of reputation of building sub-par homes as far as construction goes.
Brier Creek lots can be found in the 1/3 acre range unless it's an estate. I think I do like more lots in Heritage better. that said, for me, the extra 30+ minutes of commute time make the difference between a 1/3 acre and a 1/2 acre lot much more negligible for me. I would offer that Preston is a good alternative to both Brier Creek and Heritage although the golf membership cost might be an issue.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:53 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlh1005 View Post
I would say the same for the Brier Creek as well if considering the country club. If you're talking about the area then yeah, the shopping center across the street is definitely not homey. I know you know that Vickie, I'm just clarifying for an outsider who might get confused. I consider the country club and the shopping center to separate entities but a lot of people tend to lump them all together.

I do like the course and the variety of homes in Heritage better (since they have multiple builders).

As Sneezecake has mentioned though, if you don't mind the 30+ minute commute to most areas outside of Wake Forest then Heritage is a really great consideration.
Just to clairfy...I thought when we were comparing Heritage to Brier Creek, we were speaking of the houses. I wasn't comparing the shopping.

When I said that I thought Brier Creek was over rated, again, I meant the neighborhood, not the shopping.

The reason I think Brier Creek is over rated is that I think that tract builder charges alot for what you get. I'm much rather have a custom builder in Heritage. That is my opinion.

As for the shopping, of course there is much more shopping in Brier Creek than Heritage. But again, I thought we were talking houses.

Vicki

Old 08-10-2009, 01:55 PM
BSD

10 posts, read 23,099 times
We live in BRier Creek. YOu do not have to deal with airplane noise except for one plane - fed ex at night. We are not on the flight path unlike most of the developments in Leesville, North Raleigh, Morrisville, Cary, etc. That is the beauty of Brier Creek and the location and access to RTP, Raleigh and Durham and Southpoint. Now, the Toll Brother houses are nothing to write home about, but there are so many for sale that you can negotiate way, way down right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary