Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 11:41 AM

52 posts, read 226,369 times

Advertisements

We saw a pretty house in a subdivison called Magnolia Place. It's close to Flowers Plantation. I was wondering if anyone has any information. Is it family friendly, will it be annexed into Clayton City or is anything being built around it. The elementary school is different than Riverwood it is E. Clayton. Any info on that would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2007, 07:09 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisads View Post
We saw a pretty house in a subdivison called Magnolia Place. It's close to Flowers Plantation. I was wondering if anyone has any information. Is it family friendly, will it be annexed into Clayton City or is anything being built around it. The elementary school is different than Riverwood it is E. Clayton. Any info on that would be appreciated.
Thats the Centex homes, correct?
I actually looked at the centex homes in Magnolia. I liked the layouts, the floor plans, etc, but the lots were extremely small. The houses were also very close together and alot of kids running around in the streets late at night.
I did however, post pictures of the Centex homes, just do a search under "Ferrickhead28" and it should pop up.

If you want a house with more lot, savings on your electric bills every month plus a nicer home layout, I suggest checking out Anderson homes at Cobblestone. We almost bought a house at Centex, then we fell in love with our Anderson home that we live in now. The lots are bigger, you get more house for your money and savings on your electric bill every month through with the energy saving home. The elementary school is East Clayton (good school by the way!) and the middle school is Riverwood.

Hope that helps!

Old 04-26-2007, 07:41 AM

I think we may be talking about different places-not sure. This house is a custom built home with over a 1/2 lot. It's off of hwy 42. Thanks for the info on the elementary school. That's good news.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:23 AM

214 posts, read 701,821 times
I don't know anything about the development but East Clayton Elementary is an excellent school. I have one child that goes there and I have been completely satisfied with the school thus far. You will need to check on the middle school though- they are opening a new middle school this fall called Archer's Lodge that I believe will include the Flowers Plantation kids.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:47 PM

359 posts, read 1,838,188 times
There are 2 different Magnolia something s/d off 42 near Flowers plantation. hey are right beside each other, but do not connect. One is Centex in which the houses are extremely close together. We drove through it yesterday.

The other Magnolia whatever is more upscale than the centex neighborhood. Clayton might annex it, but everything around it is developed, so your taxes might change, but that would be it. Flowers Plantation is behind it and on both sides. Glen Laurel and Plantation Pointe( or some other nice s/d) are across 42. Very pretty area.

Old 04-28-2007, 07:35 AM

The second neighborhood is what I am referring too. Clayton annexing it was also a concern for me. Thanks for you reply.

Old 04-28-2007, 10:39 AM

567 posts, read 2,140,850 times
Default More development

There are plans for a huge development at the intersection of 42 East and Buffalo Rd (near Percy Flowers Store) which includes homes and shops. The plans look gorgeous. It will bring amenities to East Clayton. Still a few miles from Magnolia Place, but thought you might want to know!

Route 42 is proposed to be widened but the project is NOT funded (so who knows when it will happen). If I were you, I'd look for a home further in the development.

Old 04-30-2007, 12:12 AM

359 posts, read 1,838,188 times
Yes, Yes! We saw the plans for The Village, I think it is called on 42 and Buffalo. Absolutely gorgeous. I hope they do not widen 42. That drive is so pretty.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:51 AM

214 posts, read 701,821 times
The problem with 42 is the morning and evening rush hour traffic- it is very heavy through the light at Glen Laurel Road. In addition, the traffic backs out onto 42 around 8-8:30 then again 3-3:30 when East Clayton Elementary is starting and ending. Widening may help alleviate some of the traffic especially with the continued development in Flowers and with another huge development going in on Glen Laurel Road.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:26 AM

567 posts, read 2,140,850 times
They really need turning lanes at Glen Laurel Road - that would help a lot! There are so many homes on 42 situated close to the road, that I hope it doesn't get widened for their sake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary