U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2009, 07:32 AM

116 posts, read 308,189 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My husband and I are looking at a subdivision called Park Grove in Fuquay Varina. Does anyone know anything about the area?

Any advice? I know there is a magnet school in the area and some people say not to stay in an area with a magnet school.

We are torn between this area and a neighborhood in Garner called Bingham Station.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 08:17 AM

448 posts, read 1,275,824 times
I have been in both neighborhoods, and they're very similar. I would make the decision based on where you/your family will be working and commute times.

Lincoln Heights is no longer a magnet school - it lost it's magnet status because (at least this is my understanding), the base area had solid enough socio-economic demographics that it no longer justified bringing kids in. This is probably due to neighborhoods like Park Grove that are popping up in that area. (Kids who started in the magnet program there can continue in the program through 5th grade, but no new magnet students will be added).

I would give a slight edge to Fuquay schools over the Garner ones near Bingham Station, but that's based on subjective perception, nothing quanitfiable - haven't really had a need to look closely at the objective comparisons.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary