Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2009, 04:22 PM

118 posts, read 372,717 times

Advertisements

next year we will move from NJ to NC, found a great house in Hillsbourgh , I know nothing about this town please can someone tell me like how much for poverty tax, is there all around schools? Has the town a walmart, target a good vet for my dogs? How far to the next bigger town and what is the name, will my bi racial grandchildren have trouble in this town /area? Please can someone give me some informations thank you so much

Last edited by daggi1; 08-13-2009 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: typo correction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 04:32 PM

1,877 posts, read 5,343,251 times
Hillsborough is a nice small town convenient to Durham and Chapel Hill. There is a Walmart, Home Depot, and a quaint historic downtown with great restaurants. Hillsborough is quite diverse and progressive for a small town and your grandchildren will have no problem there. The taxes are a little higher than other parts of the Triangle, someone who has exact numbers can answer that better. As far as a vet I have always taken mine in Durham, but I am also trying to find one closer now that I live on the other side of Hillsborough in Efland. Good luck! It's a great town!

Old 08-13-2009, 07:58 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,679,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggi1 View Post
next year we will move from NJ to NC, found a great house in Hillsbourgh , I know nothing about this town please can someone tell me like how much for poverty tax, is there all around schools? Has the town a walmart, target a good vet for my dogs? How far to the next bigger town and what is the name, will my bi racial grandchildren have trouble in this town /area? Please can someone give me some informations thank you so much
What do you mean by poverty tax?

There is a super-walmart in Hillsborough (Hampton Pointe Blvd), the "bigger town" nearby is Durham. I'm sure ppl with pets will chime in with their favorite area veterinarians.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:04 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,095,324 times
If you do some homework to get some basic info and then ask any questions you have, it's easier to answer your questions.

You can find out about the town, county, county taxes, and schools in the links below. Mapquest will show you nearby cities. Find zip codes and then find Walmart and other store locations nearby. Try yellowpages.com to find a vet.

TOWN OF HILLSBOROUGH | Home
Orange County Schools
Welcome to Orange County, N.C. USA
Orange County NC Revenue Department (http://web.co.orange.nc.us/TaxInquiry/index.asp - broken link)
Real Estate Listings, Homes for Sale and Rental Property Listings – REALTOR.com®
ORANGE County, North Carolina Database of Digital ZIP Code Maps
MapQuest Maps - Driving Directions - Map
Walmart.com: Save money. Live better.

You can also look up information from the home page of city-data.com about Hillsborough:
//www.city-data.com/city/Hillsb...-Carolina.html

Do you need a job? http://www.careerbuilder.com

Old 08-14-2009, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielChang View Post
What do you mean by poverty tax?

There is a super-walmart in Hillsborough (Hampton Pointe Blvd), the "bigger town" nearby is Durham. I'm sure ppl with pets will chime in with their favorite area veterinarians.
good morning, I'm sorry is proverty tax typing so fast overlooking the typos

Old 08-14-2009, 06:15 AM

4,532 posts, read 8,870,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggi1 View Post
good morning, I'm sorry is proverty tax typing so fast overlooking the typos

And Durham Co for comparison -
Durham County Government : Tax Rates

Raleigh's tax rate is around .5??

Which region of the country are you moving from? You'll find the residents of Hillsborough, Effland, Durham to be some of the finest people you'll meet!

Old 08-14-2009, 06:11 PM

Thanks everyone for giving me some information's on Hillsbourgh I will check it out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary