Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 07:12 AM

932 posts, read 3,097,547 times

Advertisements

Dr. Robert Foster is awesome. He's at the Contact Lens Institute. They do much more than contacts there. Contact Lens Institute Optometry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 07:26 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,928,258 times
Raleigh Eye Center....Executive Dr. behind Duke Raleigh Hospital. Sounds like this is what you're looking for

Old 03-17-2010, 08:09 AM

9 posts, read 18,423 times
I went to Dr. Carlson for Lasik but I don't know if he just does regular exams or not, he's with Duke Eye.
Dr. Lowry on East Millbrook and before my insurance changed I went to Dr. Bryan at Raleigh Eye center, he was great and did spend the time needed. I had very bad astigmatism, the lasik was wonderful!

If you want to go to Chapel Hill, I know this doc personally and he would be a good one to try.

Matthew Vizithum OD Ste 2, 861 Willow Drive, Chapel Hill, NC (919) 929-7111‎

Old 03-17-2010, 08:12 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
Regarding care for macular degeneration.

I have been seeing Dr. Travis Meridith at UNC. He is great, thorough, gentle and all the staff is helpful.

I have to get a shot in my eyeball every month and I dread it but Dr. Meredith makes it bearable. I think he is the head honcho there.

The only thing bad about it is I have to pay parking.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:33 AM

113 posts, read 372,158 times
Even though I now live in Holly Springs and work in Cary, I go to see Dr P at:

Knightdale Eyecare Optometric, P.A.

smaller practice, that is growing, and very nice staff and Tim is great.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:23 AM

464 posts, read 1,043,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
I don't have a small office to recommend, but I can recommend Eye Care Associates. Eye Care Associates - Your Raleigh Eye Center

We always make sure we get Dr. Peters at the Wakefield location. Fantastic doctor, up to date, talks to you and takes his time with your concerns. He is also the team eye-doctor for the Hurricanes. His staff is always friendly and helpful. (I once ended up rescheduling like 4 times due to work....and they never blinked an eye. I felt bad, but it wasn't because of their attitude!)

My husband and daughter also love him, and to be honest, my contacts and their glasses are the best prescriptions we've ever had.
+1 for Dr. Peters and his staff. They are top notch (in fact are the team eye doctor for the Carolina Hurricanes) and take the time to do a thorough job. Both my wife and I use him.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:13 AM

2,905 posts, read 5,922,014 times
NRG, have you finally found someone? If not, I have a recommendation.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:28 PM

65 posts, read 320,886 times
Can anyone recommend an eye doctor who fits rigid gas-permeable contact lenses? (Most people would call them hard lenses). I've tried 2 doctors in Raleigh and neither could fit them properly. They are hard to fit and apparently most eye doctors don't even recommend them anymore. My eyesight is quite bad and surgery isn't really an option for me.

I am currently driving 2 1/2 hours away to my childhood eye doctor, but would love to find someone closer. Like NRG, I live in Raleigh but wouldn't mind driving anywhere in the Triangle.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:34 AM

2,905 posts, read 5,922,014 times
Since moving here, my wife and I have gone to

Vision Park Optometry, Dr. Moore and Dr. Kuchenreuther, Raleigh optometrists

We have seen both Dr. K and Dr. Moore over the years and they are both great. Very patient-oriented and you never, ever feel rushed there. They go above and beyond with lots of early tests to check for problems long before they happen. Dr. K actually suggested I check out Lasik many years ago and I was skeptical, but he said his wife was getting it done and I could come and watch the procedure and ask questions, and after that I was sold. Turns out to be the single best thing I ever did for myself!

Old 03-18-2010, 04:29 PM

464 posts, read 1,043,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel7777 View Post
Can anyone recommend an eye doctor who fits rigid gas-permeable contact lenses? (Most people would call them hard lenses). I've tried 2 doctors in Raleigh and neither could fit them properly. They are hard to fit and apparently most eye doctors don't even recommend them anymore. My eyesight is quite bad and surgery isn't really an option for me.

I am currently driving 2 1/2 hours away to my childhood eye doctor, but would love to find someone closer. Like NRG, I live in Raleigh but wouldn't mind driving anywhere in the Triangle.
Again, I would recommend Dr. Peters at Eye Care Associates in Wakefield. I also wear rigid gas permeables and it was a perfect fit on the first try. Dr. Peters is the team eye doctor for the Carolina Hurricanes so his clientele list is impressive. I can't say enough about their staff either (an no I have no stake in this facility) but we got lucky in picking this off the list of our insurance for sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary