U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2009, 08:11 PM

1,977 posts, read 3,921,658 times

Advertisements

I was in the area over the weekend and got on the interstate leading from Cary to Raleigh. I believe this is 440 or "1". Anyways, I was keeping up with the flow of traffic thinking the speed limit for most interstates is 65 or 70. I was in a lane that was ending and accelerated to merge over. I ended up getting pulled over for an 80 in a 55. (sounds pretty bad!) I was admittedly pretty dumbfounded that the speed limit on this road was 55. I don't even recall seeing a sign from the exit I got on the interstate to when I was pulled over. (probably less than a couple miles) Excuses aside, does anyone have a suggestion for a good traffic attorney in Raleigh? I live 8+ hours away and do not want to make the trip back if not totally necessary. Also, the trooper said I should be getting a lot of mail from lawyers in the next few weeks and going that route was probably a better choice considering I don't live in the area. Obviously some lawyers will be better than others. This is my first offense in Raleigh and my first since I began driving 10 years ago. Not looking for sympathy or people telling me to slow down. I was driving on the same stretch on Tuesday and seemed to be causing more of a danger at 55 w/ people flying past me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 05:47 AM

1,007 posts, read 5,457,494 times
Normally after a traffic stop, you will get bombarded with traffic attorney's in the mail. They will start coming within a week's time as I believe that is how I believe many of these attorney's get their business. (I know this because that is what happened to me). I just picked one and they took care of it. Whatever you do, just don't pay the fine.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:30 AM

502 posts, read 1,666,072 times
I just used Lawrence J Kissling III PLLC for a traffic ticket and was very happy with him. He specializes in Wake County traffic tickets. I did get bombarded with offers, and spent a couple of hours looking into them. He seemed to be one of the more reputable ones of the bunch, but that was just my opinion I guess. Lawrence spent a lot of time on the phone with me talking through the different options and such. He's been doing traffic law in the area for a lot of years, so knows it well. In the end, once we decided the best course of action, he handled the whole thing and I just gave him my payment info. I think he was also one of the less expensive of the ones that I considered reputable. http://www.kisslinglaw.com/

Old 08-24-2009, 06:35 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,921,658 times
Thanks for the suggestions...

Old 09-03-2009, 07:19 AM

74 posts, read 302,678 times
I got a 72 in a 55 on the 4th of July last year, used the attorney that is just inside the belt line on Glenwood (same turn in as the Beckanna)... I can't remember what the name of the firm is... but when I pulled my driving record this summer there is no mention of any ticket last year. Must have been a golfing buddy of the judge...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>