Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 09:49 AM

39 posts, read 253,424 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know how close Harmony is to 540. Pulte started releasing the lots
are close to 540. How far is we can assume is safe and no noise. I'm more
concerned about today they say something and is there a possibility that
it can change when they really construct?

How do we get accurate information about this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2007, 07:49 PM

39 posts, read 253,424 times
I called Harmony today and asked them how close is 540. They said for
Harmony Point it is 800 ft (0.15 mile) and 400 ft for Harmony Glen. It's
too close. Watch out if you are buying a house on a lot close to 540.

Old 05-04-2007, 07:54 PM

202 posts, read 949,706 times
Abbington - New phase just opened up, about 75 lots, from $500-$700k. If your timeframe is 4 months the first houses in the new phase will just be opening up. It's about 15 minute commute to RTP and with Hwy55 4 lanes from that point on it's an easy drive. It's close to Beaver Creek, a new shopping center. Moderator cut: development sales website

Old 05-05-2007, 08:37 AM

107 posts, read 354,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toffee View Post
Does anyone know how close Harmony is to 540. Pulte started releasing the lots
are close to 540. How far is we can assume is safe and no noise. I'm more
concerned about today they say something and is there a possibility that
it can change when they really construct?

How do we get accurate information about this?
Hi There, We just puchased a home from Pulte ourselves in the blackstone at amberly subdivision. I do love my house now, but there were a lot of issues with them in the beginning. I love their layouts of their homes and I feel that they pick wise locations to build. Also at this point the schools that your child will attend there , I think are great. ( If you have children ). We moved to NC from Long Island last July. In december, I first put a deposit on a home in West Lake with Drees builders. I then saw the treatment plant and worried in the summer with the heat, if there would be bad odors, plus I liked the ammenities at Blackstone Better also, so I backed out of West Lake. I like the location of Harmony better than Westlake too because you are then closer to highway 64 to get to the triangle. My husband works downtown in Raleigh and it was a 20 min drive from Harmony . If you like to shop you are also a hop skip and a jump away from the big, newly built Beaver creek commons shopping center. I would suggest though that you get EVERYTHING in writing with Pulte and keep on top of them thru the building process if you do decide to use them. I admit I did have to battle them on some issues , but in the end, they delivered a beautiful house !

Old 07-11-2007, 04:55 PM

3 posts, read 10,652 times
Default Harmony Glen

My wife and I are also looking at Harmony Glen and to our knowledge the homes on the back side are 450 ft from the proposed I-540 which is scheduled to be done by 2011. According to NC DOT highway noise has negative effects up to 500 ft and anything further "should not have adverse affects".
I guess the question becomes how far away do you have to be to not see or hear highway noise? What affect can it have on re-sale?

Old 07-12-2007, 12:02 PM

3 posts, read 8,434 times
Default Harmony might be good choice for you

For people want to commute to RTP Harmony might be a very good choice. It is located very close to Hwy 55. 55 traffic is not bad and very close to RTP. As far as 540 is concerned it is about minimum 800 feet from Harmony pointe. I sold many homes in this sub division.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:04 PM

2 posts, read 4,701 times
Cool We moved from DC

I moved from DC in 2002 and found the house I'm in now when new. It is right off 50 North and it is an easy commute to RTP. Most of the new houses are really expensive here. But there are some good finds. I now have mine for sale as I am moving from the area. Good luck on your house hunting. MODERATOR CUT

BobKay

Last edited by Jammie; 07-18-2007 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: advertising
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary