Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2007, 08:03 PM

101 posts, read 593,143 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to apologize beforehand if this is a dumb question, but it is directed to those who have moved twice or more within a year's timeframe:

We moved from NJ 9 mos ago to a rental house in Cary and at that time I did the change of address with USPS on-line. I am now moving from our rental house in Cary to our permanent house in Cary and have contacted USPS with our change of address from our rental Cary house to the permanent Cary house. We are still receiving forwarded mail from NJ so would I also do another change of address from the old NJ address to the new Cary house or would the post office automatically forward that as well to the new Cary address?

I have contacted USPS on-line and am awaiting a reply but was just curious to see what others thought.

Thanks,
Taryn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2007, 09:00 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,174,404 times
Hi neighbor! Are you all moved in yet? I saw some cars over there yesterday I think it was.

We have moved twice like that before and have had mail "double forwarded" from our original address which took weeks to get stuff sometimes. I would think changing the forwarding from NJ to your new address would eliminate the excess time of forwarding. Are you still getting important stuff forwarded or just junk mail stuff. If it is just junk mail, I wouldn't worry about specifically changing the forwarding of the NJ address to the new one. We still get some stuff from CA but at this point it is down to oil change coupons and lawn care services.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:17 PM

Hey there!!

Almost in--move-in date is 5/18. I had the granite countertops installed yesterday and the crown molding and window seat done--all came out great and it's nice to be finished!

My husband is actually working there daily now since he has been moving his office little by little for a smoother transition for him. So if you see a guy with a NY accent talking non-stop on his blue-tooth--say hi!!!LOL!

How was Chicago? Any future playdates set?

Thanks for the mail response--it's mostly junk mail but I'm just trying to cover all bases!

Looking forward to joining the community for good soon!

Taryn

Old 04-27-2007, 09:21 PM

312 posts, read 1,900,679 times
Hi! I works for USPS. You can still get forwarded mails from two old different addresses going directly to your new address at the same time. Be sure to fill out two "change of address" cards - one for NJ and one for rental Cary place. You should be able to get your mails arrive at your new address.

Best wishes on your new home!

Old 04-27-2007, 09:25 PM

Thanks so much cakeprincess for taking the time to respond!

I really appreciate it!

Taryn

Old 04-27-2007, 09:29 PM

312 posts, read 1,900,679 times
You're certainly welcome!

Old 04-27-2007, 10:27 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,174,404 times
IL was good as it usually is. No future playdates set right now. There was a lot of interest, but then it just died off. We'll try again now that the weather is good. But I'd love to have you come over and visit. Or maybe I'll come over and see the paint job and granite counters! Oh, my in-laws are going to be your neighbors. They just bought on the other side of your block.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:34 PM

Sounds good!! Come over anytime! That's great about your in-laws--It's nice to have them close--but not too close, right??!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary