Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 07:29 PM

67 posts, read 208,405 times

Advertisements

Any thoughts for a family considering these developments?

Seeking active, social environments and good schools!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2007, 07:56 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,562,426 times
I love Ethans Glenn. The location is great, just off Highway 98 on Peed Rd. 1 mile from 50 and 3 miles from Six Forks. Just 5 miles north of the outer loop 540. They are on approx. 1 acre lots and pretty heavily wooded. I believe they start at the 600's

Old 04-27-2007, 08:44 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,005,206 times
We looked at two resales in Bent Tree. What a charming neighborhood. The homes however were really worn inside and needed much much work. The lots were very nice. It was very quiet there the day we looked. Not a sole around. Just a funny little side note. My husband works with someone whose wife is a divorce attorney and she told me that her office has litigated in many divorce cases in that neighborhood.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:41 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,353,806 times
All three neighborhoods are very nice, and cover different building periods in North Raleigh.

Stonebridge is a nice established neighborhood, with many of the homes being from the early 1980s. Large lots as it is in the Falls Lake watershed, plenty of trees, and lots of families with children. The neighborhood is *huge*, and was built in many phases. The newer phases tend to have the largest homes as seems to be the case when homes are built that way. I've been in several of the homes in the neighborhood that are owned by friends. They were all traditional homes that were nicely appointed. Room sizes and layout reflected the period in which the homes were built. The location is also good, and depending on where you live you may take Creedmoor or Six Forks south to I-540. Shopping will be about a 4 mile drive.

I'm least familiar with Bent Tree, and it has been a few years since I've driven through the neighborhood. The homes were mostly built in the late 1980s and early 1990s. The location is great, near several strip malls and convenient to I-540. The homes look nice from the outside, but I haven't been inside any. Some of the homes back up to I-540 which can significantly increase the home noise.

Ethans Glen is a new subdivision off Highway 98 near Creedmoor Road. It is also in the Falls Lake watershed and has large lots as a result. I'm familiar with several of the builders for the neighborhood and they do real good work. The homes typically run in the mid-3000 square feet range, most with granite countertops, high-end cabinetry, and plenty of other amenities. The developer and builders have done a good job leaving trees in the yards and common areas. There isn't any shopping nearby per-se - the neighborhood is about 7 miles from the nearest shopping center. The commute to RTP is reasonable, though - should be under 30 minutes, probably closer to 25.

Old 04-28-2007, 07:22 AM

With kids, we need a family friendly environment---we did not see a lot of activity in either Ethans Glen or bent Tree now that I think about it

Stonebridge appeared to have a lot of families

The YMCA was a big selling point too

Do the homes at Stone gate need a lot of updating as well?

Old 05-04-2007, 04:57 AM

Needing heeeellllpppp!

Old 05-04-2007, 08:06 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,005,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyof6fromCT View Post
Needing heeeellllpppp!
What help do you need? Is it decision time? Found another interesting neighborhood yesterday while out and about with my neighbor friend. Wrenn Meadows I think it was called. It is by Shea homes and it is located on Ten Ten between Holly Springs Road and Kildaire Farm Road. It is a new neighborhood. They have 4 spec homes available and a nicely decorated model. Some lots are occupied and others are being built to suit. Has a large pond in the center of the neighborhood but does not have swim ammenities or the like. YMCA is right around the corner for that.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:53 AM

7 posts, read 14,942 times
Looking for a young family friendly neighborhood in ZIP codes of 27613, 27615. Any suggestions? Price range 400k-600k

Old 01-25-2009, 11:56 AM
bdf

29 posts, read 58,467 times
Default family friendly neighborhoods

Consider widening your search beyond "North Raleigh" -- South Raleigh, especially the "Swift Creek" (27606) area is under appreciated, less expensive, and the lots are large and private. Consider Enchanted Oaks, Oakton, or the Lake Wheeler area. You can do for $400K what $600-$700 gets you in a more well known subdivision. Plus you have access to Cary shopping, the beltway, NCSU, and the downtown in 15-20 minutes.

Old 01-25-2009, 12:22 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,353,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by family27613 View Post
Looking for a young family friendly neighborhood in ZIP codes of 27613, 27615. Any suggestions? Price range 400k-600k
There are a lot of wonderful neighborhoods in both zip codes in this price range. It would help to better understand what you want from a home: age of construction, size of lot, size of neighborhood, neighborhood amenities (pool, etc.), how long of a commute you are comfortable with (and where you are commuting to), minimum sq. ft. and minimum # of bedrooms, proximity to shopping. The more specific, the easier it is to narrow down on some good options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary