Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 10:15 PM

166 posts, read 662,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workerbeeishere View Post
It is awful!
Yes, it is awful, and will get worse before it gets better. And now they have Old Stage Rd rerouted for bridge work closer to Garner so that's a pain too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 06:43 AM

2 posts, read 3,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3grls View Post
Yes, it is awful, and will get worse before it gets better. And now they have Old Stage Rd rerouted for bridge work closer to Garner so that's a pain too.
It might be awful to some but for other's, it's relative...; what I'm used to is a lot worse than this.

Btw, after living on the coast in San Diego County for 30yrs, I find Dayton Woods to my liking (in terms of living and investment).

Old 12-30-2007, 11:24 PM

1 posts, read 2,261 times
Default Any more updated info?

I am looking to move from N. Raleigh to S. Raleigh but want to live fairly close to downtown/Cary yet avoid ridiculous prices and crime-I know a pipe dream Any idea how far Dayton Woods is from downtown?? Can't find it on any maps...Also anyone heard anything about Crest of Carolina?? Wondering how the homes are and the neighborhoods...
Thanks!!
~Sara

Old 01-03-2008, 05:37 PM

166 posts, read 662,012 times
Crest of Carolina is better than Dayton Woods in many ways, one of which being "location, location, location". Dayton Woods is approx 10 miles and 20 minutes from downtown Raleigh, with decent traffic (off-hours). Dayton Woods is located off of FannyBrown Rd between Banks Rd and Old Stage Rd.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:21 PM

16 posts, read 55,767 times
Hi Sara,
Dayton Woods is about 15 min from downtown/NC State area. As for distance from Cary, you can get to the Kildaire Farm Road area of Cary (near Waverly Place/Walmart) in 15 or so minutes, as well. I've gotton to Salem St./heart of downtown Apex in 15 minutes also. Of course, this is all depending on traffic, as Ten Ten Road can get congested at certain times. It is really a great central location to live as far as being fairly close to Fuquay, Garner, Apex, downtown, & parts of Cary. The longest drive is to N. Raleigh and to the growing part of Cary near Morrisville b/c there are just no connecting roads yet.

Old 07-17-2008, 04:59 PM
vvv

14 posts, read 34,941 times
Wink Dayton Woods and area

I am planning to move to the Zip 27603 area and read the 2007 discussion
about Dayton Woods Subdivision and area.

Has anyone changed the opinion about Dayton Woods and area
since last 2007 year discussion or since last two months
(due to mortgage meltdowns/foreclosures and so on)?

Any updates about Dayton Woods and area will be of interested to me.

By the way, what is "wrong" with Waverly Pointe Subdivision?
Almost half of houses are for Sale there but not in Dayton Woods?

Dayton Woods are looking in better shape to me, but maybe I am wrong:
no one want to sell now because the houses dropped in price
due to "cheaper new construction" done by Comfort Homes, Inc in Subdivision?

Anyone knows when the first phase of Dayton Woods was completed
and who was a developer ?

thanks

Old 07-17-2008, 05:27 PM

281 posts, read 1,104,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvv View Post
I am planning to move to the Zip 27603 area and read the 2007 discussion
about Dayton Woods Subdivision and area.

Has anyone changed the opinion about Dayton Woods and area
since last 2007 year discussion or since last two months
(due to mortgage meltdowns/foreclosures and so on)?

Any updates about Dayton Woods and area will be of interested to me.

By the way, what is "wrong" with Waverly Pointe Subdivision?
Almost half of houses are for Sale there but not in Dayton Woods?

Dayton Woods are looking in better shape to me, but maybe I am wrong:
no one want to sell now because the houses dropped in price
due to "cheaper new construction" done by Comfort Homes, Inc in Subdivision?

Anyone knows when the first phase of Dayton Woods was completed
and who was a developer ?

thanks
The first phase was done by SAA Inc. , not a fanchise, but a local builder, but may be wrong...I can re-check.
Waverly Pointe is just inside the Johnston County line...don't think that would make half the neighborhood sell though....I think it is a fine neighborhood...you are very close to 40/42 there. Dayton woods there are not many re-sales because phase 1 only had about 30 or so houses...all the ones for sale for the most part are new construction by Comfort Homes which I think is fine. If you go to the very back of the subdivision phase 3 is blocked off but you can see where it will start. I would say with the middle of phase 2 going on, location, the way the market is now, size of lot and price per sq. ft. Dayton Woods is a great buy....Of Course just my opinion though.

Old 07-19-2008, 03:39 PM

Default Dayton Woods

I haven't changed my mind a bit after almost living here a year. Neighbors are AWESOME! Yards are gorgeous! Location is great and really close to Fuquay (but not in all the traffic of Fuquay) which is such a growing area. We have a very safe and quiet neighborhood here. I think you would love it. I guess I'm biased, though.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:00 AM
vvv

14 posts, read 34,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kml7780 View Post
I haven't changed my mind a bit after almost living here a year. Neighbors are AWESOME! Yards are gorgeous! Location is great and really close to Fuquay (but not in all the traffic of Fuquay) which is such a growing area. We have a very safe and quiet neighborhood here. I think you would love it. I guess I'm biased, though.

Thanks a lot for this reply.

Anyone else wants to comment?

A year ago it was quite a discussion. Today seems to me, everyone who did not liked
the area either moved somewhere else or started to like it.
Any comments?

Last edited by vvv; 07-21-2008 at 11:14 AM..

Old 08-05-2008, 11:20 AM

Oh and I will add that just in living there 9 months, there have already been 1 new subdivision on FB road to go up (houses 350 and up), a million dollar subdivision off Banks Rd. to finish up, and a brand new school breaking ground off Banks Rd. Banks Rd., is right near Dayton Woods.
So, basically, I guess I'm saying that the growth is outrageous! I can only imagine 2 more years from now.
Yes, the goats are still there. I have to say, however, they are rather cute. For pics, see previous posts hahah! :=)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary