Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2009, 10:33 PM

93 posts, read 215,555 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone -

We have an old house in Raleigh that we're getting ready to paint, and are looking for exterior painter recommendations. My husband has already done all the prep work (scraping, sanding, patching, etc.), but we're looking for someone to finish things up.

Any suggestions would be sincerely appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 06:12 AM

93 posts, read 644,740 times
We use Harper's Painting in Raleigh. They are always good and very, very friendly people.

Last edited by mommytrish; 08-24-2009 at 06:14 AM.. Reason: Ffixed

Old 08-24-2009, 07:53 AM

27 posts, read 79,534 times
Try Primary Painting. They painted my house a few years ago and are top notch in every phase: cleaning, caulking, two-coats of paint, etc. Cheap too! Crew was on-time and courteous.

But as always, your mileage may vary.

Old 08-24-2009, 11:05 AM

892 posts, read 3,152,615 times
Creech Brothers Painting was fair priced, hard working, showed up and finished when and as promised.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:30 PM

2 posts, read 4,280 times
I know it depends on how large the house is, etc.... but how much did everybody pay for the paint jobs from these different companies? What's a good price/bad price? Do most companies charge about the same or does it vary a lot?

Old 08-24-2009, 12:44 PM

14 posts, read 30,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica11 View Post
I know it depends on how large the house is, etc.... but how much did everybody pay for the paint jobs from these different companies? What's a good price/bad price? Do most companies charge about the same or does it vary a lot?
It varies a lot.

In my experience some of the quotes were double what others were.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:03 AM

549 posts, read 1,480,246 times
I think you get what you pay for in most cases.

Everyone in my neighborhood (including the people I bought the house from) used some guy who quoted almost half what everyone else quoted. A year after I moved into my house (it had been painted two years before I bought it, so three years after it was painted) the paint was all peeling on one side an it needed to be painted again. The next door neighbor had the same problem (and they got the same guy to come scrape and paint it again - dumb!), and another lady on my street said hers was peeling a year after he painted it, and she went out and scraped, cleaned with bleach, and painted over it herself and she hasn't had any problems since.

I used Willis Coatings because they did my next door neighbor's house (other side) and her paint job still looks pretty good after 10+ years. That was maybe a year and a half ago. So far, I'm pleased. But ask me again in eight years.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:38 AM

4 posts, read 7,762 times
Default Great Painting Company

I Just had my entire house re-done Int and Ext and used "Pick your Hue Inc" they are local, professional, clean, timely and Insured.

They were a pleasure to have working on my home and I would hiire them again in a second!

I think their # is 919-618-2141

Old 08-25-2009, 03:42 PM

93 posts, read 215,555 times
Thanks everyone for all of your wonderful suggestions! We had a "bad contractor" experience a few years ago and are a little gun-shy now - this really helps!

Old 08-25-2009, 04:33 PM

17,624 posts, read 15,321,679 times
Mine was painted by a team from Custom Home Exteriors, as part of a larger job of re-siding in Hardiplank. I had them use SW Duration Paint, 2 coats hand painted, Shermax elastamer caulking, and SW Superpaint for the trim. It turned out great and they worked long hrs every day to get the job done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary