Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2009, 07:52 PM

4,304 posts, read 5,990,141 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

We're in need of a heat pump replacement (see details in this thread) and are looking for a good dealer/installer servicing Northeast-ish Cary to help us out.

It looks like our home warranty company is going to deny the claim (still pending an appeal once I speak with the technician who performed the diagnosis again, but I'm not optimistic...I know how the racket works) based on some sort of mystery power surge being the cause, so we'll likely be free to choose any dealer for our new unit as it all comes out of our pocket.

Heard good things about Rheem and York units, but would certainly be open to recommendations of dealers in other brands if there are specific thoughts on that.

DMs are certainly welcome...thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 07:57 PM

43,291 posts, read 77,115,925 times
I have been happy with the service from Matson Mechanical near the intersection of Old Apex Road and Cary Parkway, in Woodwinds Industrial Park.
They have installed two units and done several other services for me.
919-469-3304

Old 08-25-2009, 12:36 AM

4,003 posts, read 10,841,368 times
Justin Woodlief 796-2017 He is a master HVAC tech and helped many forum members. He handles sales and installs, and can probably beat the price of most around.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:49 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
Hi all,

We're in need of a heat pump replacement (see details in this thread) and are looking for a good dealer/installer servicing Northeast-ish Cary to help us out.

It looks like our home warranty company is going to deny the claim (still pending an appeal once I speak with the technician who performed the diagnosis again, but I'm not optimistic...I know how the racket works) based on some sort of mystery power surge being the cause, so we'll likely be free to choose any dealer for our new unit as it all comes out of our pocket.

Heard good things about Rheem and York units, but would certainly be open to recommendations of dealers in other brands if there are specific thoughts on that.

DMs are certainly welcome...thanks!
If your Realtor helped you to purchase the Home Warranty, you may want to give her a call.

I had a similar situation and after the third "repair" the warranty company refused to replace the system. I'm happy to say that even though my clients didn't want to "bother me", after paying the service fee the third time, they sent me an email, letting me know what was going on.

Since I use this warranty company alot, I called my rep and she got them a new system.

Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the oil!

I'm a good squeaker when I need to be!

Vicki

Old 08-25-2009, 08:30 AM

4,304 posts, read 5,990,141 times
Thanks for the advice, everybody. The seller arranged for the home warranty, but we may call our realtor in a bit to see if he has any advice on the issue.

We're still working through the warranty company at the moment, and they're arranging for a second opinion on the system, so we'll see how that comes back. Fingers still crossed that it will end up being covered, but very nice to have some independent names to look into if we do end up going off on our own for a replacement.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:13 AM

1,277 posts, read 3,548,381 times
we used newcombe for our second heat pump replacement (upstairs unit) and we still utilize their annual maintenance. We had one replaced by metro (downstairs) and it did not work well for us - they were very unresponsive to a slow freon leak in the unit. they said 'it happens & is too hard to trace'. I ditched them, started Newcombe who actually fixed the leak as part of a routine maintenance visit b/c something just needed to be tightened.

very happy with newcombe. their quote was a bit higher iirc, but their warranty at the time was 2x that of other folks and I have found their responsive service totally makes up for it over the long term.

i've never tried independent folks here but would if I didn't have a maint. contract going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary