U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2009, 07:34 PM

7 posts, read 12,802 times

Advertisements

We are facing an upcoming relocation and are starting to looking at potential subdivisions in the North Raleigh area. We would appreciate any recommendations. Our preference is to find something in the $450-500,000. Also, we would like to be within a 15 minute commute to either North Raleigh Christian Academy or Trinity Academy as we would like to send our children to a Christian school.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 10:31 PM

12,450 posts, read 30,276,643 times
Just off the top of my head...as it is getting late and I'm heading to bed but wanted to give you something to search...try BEDFORD or WOODSPRING or BROOKHAVEN or BENT TREE.

That should keep you busy for a while!!!

Vicki

Old 08-26-2009, 05:24 AM
rfb

2,051 posts, read 5,613,444 times
Most neighborhoods east of Leesville Road will work as long as you are reasonably close to I-540. The gating factor for most of your commutes will be North Raleigh Christian Academy, as it is East of US-1; Trinity Academy is more centrally located near Creedmoor Road.

You will have a lot of options, so what will matter most is what you are looking for in a home. Larger lot or smaller lot? Near shopping, or a more secluded neighborhood? New home/neighborhood or a more established one? Home size and number of bedrooms? Where you and/or your spouse will be working, and how long of a commute are you willing to have?

Old 08-26-2009, 08:00 AM

532 posts, read 2,713,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Just off the top of my head...as it is getting late and I'm heading to bed but wanted to give you something to search...try BEDFORD or WOODSPRING or BROOKHAVEN or BENT TREE.

That should keep you busy for a while!!!

Vicki
Woodspring had 2 buildable lots (resulting from a decision not to use the lots for park/tennis). Two homes are being built, one is already sold and the other is a spec house still under construction and maybe early enough to get in to discuss finishes. I think Fonville Morrissey has the listing. Not sure what you are looking for but it's 4009 s.f., 6 BR, 5 1/2 BA asking $449. Woodspring is in a convenient location, close to shopping, access to 540, just off Falls of Neuse in N. Raleigh 27614 zip. Durant Rd is less than 1 mile, take that East and it turns into Perry and just a little farther and you're at NRCA. 4.6 miles/12 minutes- just under your 15 minute commute parameter

Oh, I forgot, even though these are new construction, Woodspring is about 10 yrs old and full of mature trees and beautiful landscaping. Not the typical "Sunshine Lots" you find with new developments.

Last edited by cstleddy; 08-26-2009 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: added last paragraph

Old 08-26-2009, 10:25 AM

66 posts, read 119,824 times
Oakcroft is right next to Bedford, and is a very nice subdivision

Old 08-26-2009, 12:21 PM

1,277 posts, read 3,334,178 times
You are probably wanting to look at the 27614 and 27615 zipcodes if you want to be able to make a choice once here.

If you decide on one or the other school, then it opens up zipcodes all around that school - eg: I know folks who live in wake forest and the other side of NRCA - they come in from the other direction (not capital blvd/durant rd way) and can zip in/out pretty easily.

Lots of options in lots of price ranges around both of those schools I am partial to 27614 zipcode myself b/c of county tax options and larger lot sizes because of the watershed.

Old 08-27-2009, 06:52 PM

7 posts, read 12,802 times
Thanks for all the recommendations. I noticed that it seems like some neighborhoods, like Bent Tree have a large percentage of homes for sale. Is this because of issues directly related to the subdivision or this price range moving slowly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary