Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 01:58 PM

11 posts, read 75,883 times

Advertisements

I have a 2 month old who is going to be needing new clothes soon, and I'd like to get them consignment or at thrift stores to save some money. I don't need brand names, usually we buy her clothing at Wal-mart.

We live in South/West Raleigh near Cary. I'd love suggestions as to good shops to go to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 04:35 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,100,766 times
I've found that thrift shops often don't have much in the form of baby clothes.

Have you tried eBay? At the site, put "boy clothes lot" or "girl clothes lot" (or similar words, but put "lot" as one of the search terms), and you'll find offerings of many pieces of clothing for one buy-now price or one auction bid price. Seems you can get a good deal. Check shipping charges before bidding, too. Babies grow out of clothing so fast, so getting things in excellent or unused condition shouldn't be a problem.

There is also a big children's used clothing and equipment sale in July put on by some group, I think at the fairgrounds, and maybe others may be able to provide more detail on that.

Old 06-19-2009, 04:47 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,104,796 times
Check out Children's Orchard Top Children's Clothing Franchise Opportunity : Child Resale Franchise : Children's Orchard. They had TONS of clothes in there two weeks ago when I went in. I snagged loads of stuff for my 9 year old (and that's a hard age to buy consignment). They had OODLES of baby clothes!!!
Other than that, you can wait for the Kids Exchange at the fairgrounds in July.Kids Exchange

Old 06-19-2009, 05:39 PM

546 posts, read 1,679,401 times
You can also check out Kid 2 Kid consignment.

Kid to Kid

There is also another location in Apex. Like any consignment shops you can find decent deals, but sometimes, at least for the onesies, I can find new ones at the same price at Target

Old 06-19-2009, 05:43 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,079,436 times
Also try Craigslist and yard sales are a big hit. I see baby clothes and items all the time.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:32 PM
jgb

480 posts, read 1,344,350 times
You can do really well at yard sales. Look on craigslists for ones near you that say they will have baby stuff.

If you go to kid 2 kid in Apex, check out the Goodwill on the other side of 55 (first) they often have lots of good baby clothes -- I have gotten plenty of high quality stuff there. The Goodwill on Kilmayne in Cary rarely has any baby stuff.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:33 PM

66 posts, read 208,747 times
We've been buying our kids' clothes at Goodwill for years. The one in Wake Forest, at Wakefield, is awesome! However, thats pretty far. The Goodwills of North Carolina, or at least Wake county, are very good as compared to ones I've seen in Illinois, Florida, Maryland and Virginia. I've had much success in clothing all of our kids cheaply over the years shopping there. For infants, there is a table, as opposed to a rack. Everything on the table, last time I was there was $1.59 each, maybe a little less. Hope thats helpful.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:51 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,079,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingNC View Post
We've been buying our kids' clothes at Goodwill for years. The one in Wake Forest, at Wakefield, is awesome! However, thats pretty far. The Goodwills of North Carolina, or at least Wake county, are very good as compared to ones I've seen in Illinois, Florida, Maryland and Virginia. I've had much success in clothing all of our kids cheaply over the years shopping there. For infants, there is a table, as opposed to a rack. Everything on the table, last time I was there was $1.59 each, maybe a little less. Hope thats helpful.
I like Goodwill too.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:42 PM

85 posts, read 379,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post

There is also a big children's used clothing and equipment sale in July put on by some group, I think at the fairgrounds, and maybe others may be able to provide more detail on that.
The Kids Exchange sale is Fri Sat and Sun July 24-26th and Sunday is the half price day

Old 06-20-2009, 10:04 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,086,574 times
Once Upon a Child might be a hike for you, but it's a nice store for used clothing. It's in the Northern part of Cary off Maynard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary