Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2009, 12:57 PM

133 posts, read 424,980 times

Advertisements

Hi, I have a boy, who just turned three. We are still trying to potty train him, which has been very frustrating. I really need to find him a pre-school, maybe 3 days a week that will take him being un-potty trained. I have talked to some schools (goddard/primrose) and they will accept him in a high 2 class, which is mostly other 3 year olds who are in the same situation. He also has some minor sensory processing issues. We live in Raleigh, close to Wake Forest. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 03:01 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,148,908 times
I don't know of anywhere that will put a three-year-old who is not potty trained into a three-year-old class. Many places will be happy to take him and put him in a 2-year-old class. I have always had the impression that there is some kind of a state law on this, because everywhere I have ever talked to has had the same policy. Perhaps someone who has worked in preschool could verify that.

In any case, there are a limited number of parents of young children on this board. Try trianglemommies.com and you'll get more specific suggestions.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:16 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,034,535 times
My kids went to wake forest presbyterian preschool, which is three mornings a week (9-12), I don't know if you are looking for part time or not. But, can he have a pull up? I know there are some kids that start the year in pull ups, if that helps at all? You may want to call there, as I am not sure there are any openings, they started school this week.

I know the Y has a preschool as well, but I don't know their policy.

Leigh

Old 09-03-2009, 12:37 PM

220 posts, read 866,355 times
My daugher is in Primrose, and we LOVE it! It's wonderful. (but she is potty-trained and in the 3 year old room). I would go with Leigh's suggestion and look into a church related preschool, they might be more willing to work with you. My friend takes her son to one, and they are great. She's very happy. He is also 3, but in our opinion, may be ADD or just a little slow to focus... still, school has helped.
Once he gets in school & sees other kids using the restroom, it will help motivate him. Hang in there!!

Old 09-03-2009, 06:13 PM
jgb

480 posts, read 1,343,942 times
It's totally common for a boy who just turned three to not be potty trained, so I am surprised you are having a problem. But I see how the b-day cut off could be an issue. My son is born in Nov. so he was in a 2s class when he was really 3 for most of the year.

I don't live near you so I have no suggestions. My son trained on the later side (after age three) but he did it so fast, and had barely had any accidents in his whole life. So, I think sometimes they do it later but then it's super easy.

Good luck!

Old 09-03-2009, 07:58 PM

426 posts, read 1,490,252 times
I also suggest contacting the church based preschools.

My DD just started the 3 year old program at Peace Presbyterian in Cary. They do not require the child to be potty trained (they want you to be working on it though). They believe PT is hard enough and that you/your child doesnt need the extra pressure/anxiety. Im so happy that I was successful in PT my DD over the summer though!

GL

Old 09-04-2009, 03:58 PM

31 posts, read 76,838 times
you might try looking into Bright Horizons too

Old 09-04-2009, 09:39 PM

66 posts, read 208,704 times
Default Its been a while, but

When my oldest was three, and NOT potty trained, he went to Creedmore Road Baptist Preshool. He attended there for two whole years. Overall, our experience was a good one, and my son was NOT an easy kid to have in the classroom. The director at the time, was VERY insightful and gracious. She understood how much we worked with him at home, and no judgements were made. I'd recommend them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary