Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2009, 08:23 AM
jgb jgb started this thread

480 posts, read 1,343,677 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I've been involved in dog obedience training in a couple different states and in each area there were *clubs* that held group classes. Here, all I have found are private companies that have group classes, but are on the expensive-side.

I don't doubt that the trainers are good and that this is a good option for some people, but if you are like me and may want to continue with obedience indefinitely, it seems like a lot to pay as much as $120 for a 6-session course . . . the non-profit clubs usually had a small membership fee and then you pay a fee for the classes, but in my experience it was quite affordable.

Does anyone know of anything like this in the area?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 06:07 PM

Hi again

Hope it's not poor form to bump this up just one time. Maybe some dog person will see it. After that I will leave it be.

I didn't think this was the best place to ask but I am getting desperate!

Old 09-08-2009, 08:58 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,147,676 times
Try these: http://www.akc.org/events/obedience/...state&state=NC

Old 09-27-2009, 12:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,113 times
Default I'm looking too...

I also moved here recently, and am looking for a dog training club (where members help fellow members). I have only found private dog training businesses. I'm going to keep looking, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgb View Post
Hi all,

I've been involved in dog obedience training in a couple different states and in each area there were *clubs* that held group classes. Here, all I have found are private companies that have group classes, but are on the expensive-side.

I don't doubt that the trainers are good and that this is a good option for some people, but if you are like me and may want to continue with obedience indefinitely, it seems like a lot to pay as much as $120 for a 6-session course . . . the non-profit clubs usually had a small membership fee and then you pay a fee for the classes, but in my experience it was quite affordable.

Does anyone know of anything like this in the area?

Thanks.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:34 PM

Please be sure to let me know if you find anything.

I am thinking this doesn't exist here but I would love to be pleasantly surprised.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:24 AM

257 posts, read 1,014,690 times
Default Durham KC

Certainly not near Cary, but the Durham KC in North Durham is an all breed club, an AKC member club; it offers classes in Obedience, Rally, Agility, Tracking and other. We hold obedience, rally, agility matches and trials several times a year. Oh, yes, handling classes as well.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:33 PM

257 posts, read 1,014,690 times
there is also Pet Behavior Help in Chapel Hill (on Durham border; maybe classified Durham??) & Paws4Ever in Mebane. PBH is private, but affordable. P4E is Orange County APS.

also Dog Fun Forever in Durham; private.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:43 PM

103 posts, read 214,315 times
Check out meetup.com I have seen a group on there that meet in a park I believe. I've wanted to bring my dog but I'm affraid he will be to wild. We did dog traing once before and it did not really help. check out meetup you might be able to find something

Old 03-13-2013, 02:41 PM

9,359 posts, read 14,096,552 times
Autumn Winds is on the edge of Apex. This is also home to an Agility Club and various agility trials, so the folks there might be able to help you figure something out.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:44 PM

4,598 posts, read 10,153,603 times
For those familiar with the famous Jackie of Cary, she has recently opened her own place near downtown Cary. Very affordable. We're training for the Therapy Dog International exam with her!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary