U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2006, 05:47 AM

18 posts, read 75,093 times

Advertisements

Hello all... I was thinking of moving to North Carolina. I am kind of torn between Charlotte and Raleigh (along with it's surrounding cites). I like Ashville but I know it will be tougher to find a decent paying job over there. I'm in the medical field and need to live close to an ER hospital. I've heard that Wake Medical Center is pretty big and saw that the pay scale is comparable to what I am currently making.

So what I'm wondering is what places in Raleigh, Durham & Wake Forest are good areas to live in. Right now my $$$ range is from $120,000 - $140,000 for a 3 bedroom, 2 (or 2.5) bath, single family home. I would like to stay out of the "bad", high crime areas in the north part of Raleigh - Around the "triangle" of Wake Forest, Durham and, of course, Raleigh.

Could someone also list some New Home Builders and their websites? I have found some, but would like to check out as many as possible online BEFORE I go and visit these areas.

Thanks again and I greatly appriciate any help or info

Dallas22
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2006, 10:17 AM

693 posts, read 2,655,366 times
You probably won't find a single family home in this price range unless you don't mind being really far out. Definitely not new contruction. Townhomes would be more likely.

Old 07-16-2006, 08:36 PM

312 posts, read 1,840,328 times
For that price range, you need to live a little further away from the big town, like Raleigh, Cary, and Wake Forest. The house price range that you're looking for is located at:

*Knightdale and nearby
*Franklinton and nearby
*Clayton

Most rural places are cheaper to live, but I'm not sure if that's what you really want. Like me, as a Medical Claim Auditor, I like to live near any hospital for job.
We are going to be living in Clayton as I don't mind driving 30 minutes to the hospital.

Old 07-17-2006, 08:48 AM

Thanks for all the info so far... I wouldn't mind it a little rural, as long as the crime and "bad" areas are not there as well. I'd like to work as close as possible to the hospital I'd be working at, but it's not mandatory. Also, that price range was on the lower end for me... I could still consider from $140,000-$160,000 at the most... I'd rather try and concentrate for something more in the middle ($140,000) and in a good community and area.

I'm trying to figure out if living where the homes are cheaper means that the neighborhood is a ghetto, that is poor and full of crime OR if it means it's rural, with not much to do. I wouldn't like either or these options, BUT if it is rural with very low crime, this would be much better for me... driving to the next town for a movie theater, a shopping plaza or a good sport bar would be all I would need unless I would want to go into the main city for something more. I would be very happy if I can have a Publix or Wal-Mart, along with a good sports bar that plays all the NFL games every Sunday. Is this possible to find in just about any town outside of Charlotte and Raleigh, especially the more rural ones???

One more thing... How is the traffic in and out of Raleigh, especially going and coming to and from Raleigh??? I have no idea about this yet.

I heard that the traffic going in and out of Charlotte is not bad at all, but I'd like to hear what the rest of you think about it?

Thanks again

Dallas22

Old 07-18-2006, 12:44 AM

BUMP

Anyone with any more info on these questions??? Thanks

Dallas22

Old 02-01-2007, 08:42 AM

4 posts, read 15,920 times
Default I know good home building company in the Triangle

Hi, if your question about relocation to The Triangle is still actual I can recommend you good home builder who works in that area - David Ritter, you can call him at 919 742-4575, his website is www.davidritterbuilding.com, there is a good gallery of houses he built.

He has worked in home construction for more than 20 years.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:59 AM

101 posts, read 449,936 times
Default Just visited N.C.

Hi Dallas22
I have sent you a PM. Hope it helps. By the way everyone, we really enjoyed our visit to N.C. and definitely want to buy somewhere now! Can't wait to come back again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary