Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 06:09 AM

492 posts, read 1,152,266 times

Advertisements

Mapleview Farms for excellent ice cream and sunset. The ladies in our guest groups always like a day trip to the outlets in Smithfield. If you are interested in a nice day trip, you can travel up to VA and visit Chateau Morrisette winery in Meadows of Dan. Right near there is Mabry Mill. Both are lovely to visit and the drive is gorgeous. You can eat at either of these, restaurants at both, but a picnic would be lovely too. Mabry Mill is historic and very pretty. Its on the Blue Ridge Parkway. What about Old Salem in W-S? Yes, I know my suggestions are not in Raleigh...what can I say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 10:15 AM

586 posts, read 1,547,003 times
Having moved here from South Florida, what I really enjoyed seeing was the countryside. Maybe a trip to a local winery???

Old 09-10-2009, 12:13 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,424,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cberg View Post
The Triangle is a very BORING place, that's why we couldn't wait to move out of NC. The only thing we ever found exciting when we lived there was going to sports games at the colleges.
I love the area - not boring at all. So much to do and would NEVER consider moving back to New England. Visions of driving on the CT turnpike (95) make my stomach churn...thoughts of shoveling snow make my back ache. Housing costs/property taxes gives me heartburn.

On a happier note, I always take family to Chapel Hill...go to A Southern Season and have a great lunch in their restaurant The Weathervane. Otherwise, I agree with everyone else's suggestions on here!

Old 09-10-2009, 05:11 PM

393 posts, read 673,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
I love the area - not boring at all. So much to do and would NEVER consider moving back to New England. Visions of driving on the CT turnpike (95) make my stomach churn...thoughts of shoveling snow make my back ache. Housing costs/property taxes gives me heartburn.

On a happier note, I always take family to Chapel Hill...go to A Southern Season and have a great lunch in their restaurant The Weathervane. Otherwise, I agree with everyone else's suggestions on here!
GREAT idea. This is exactly what I am looking for. You ROCK!

We plan on taking these suggestions and grouping them by area. Then we can plan out some scenic roads to travel on to each of these locations. Keep the ideas coming everyone.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:44 PM

677 posts, read 1,903,640 times
A winery and A Southern Season might fit together nicely. Seems that there is a winery in the Pittsboro area, which would be an easy trip from Chapel Hill. That would then bring you back over by Jordan Lake on the trip home.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdolls4me View Post
A winery and A Southern Season might fit together nicely. Seems that there is a winery in the Pittsboro area, which would be an easy trip from Chapel Hill. That would then bring you back over by Jordan Lake on the trip home.
That sounds like it would be very impressive. Maybe even a WOW!

Old 09-10-2009, 06:50 PM

222 posts, read 545,876 times
We just had out of town guests this past weekend and they were wowed with the Duke campus and Gardens. We also took them around Chapel Hill on gameday, so it was fun to see all the fans in Carolina blue everywhere. We ate at Mama Dips which was all part of the great Southern experience. We also walked around Southpoint a little bit. Then again, this couple lives is from Michigan, so I guess anything would impress them!

Old 09-10-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCGator View Post
We just had out of town guests this past weekend and they were wowed with the Duke campus and Gardens. We also took them around Chapel Hill on gameday, so it was fun to see all the fans in Carolina blue everywhere. We ate at Mama Dips which was all part of the great Southern experience. We also walked around Southpoint a little bit. Then again, this couple lives is from Michigan, so I guess anything would impress them!
The Streets at Southpoint is a must. They do not have something like that near them.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:19 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,733,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexIntruder View Post
The Streets at Southpoint is a must. They do not have something like that near them.
They don't have a shopping mall near them?

Old 09-10-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff2v View Post
They don't have a shopping mall near them?
Not on the level of Southpoint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary