Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 10:58 AM

1 posts, read 5,547 times

Advertisements

I had missed vehicle inspection and registration by 8 months. I didn't know until a cop pulled me over and issued a citation.

The fine is $25 and cour costs are $121 for a total of $146.

I renewed my license plate via web for $33 and got the vehicle inspected.

My questions are -
1. Will be I be asked to pay $250 fines to DMV?
2. I do not remember getting a letter asking me to renew registration or get vehicle inspected. Do I have chance to get the fines reversed.

Thanks
Sam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 11:10 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,102,359 times
My questions are -
1. Will be I be asked to pay $250 fines to DMV?-usually if you go to court after having renewed everything, they will drop all of the fees.

2. I do not remember getting a letter asking me to renew registration or get vehicle inspected. Do I have chance to get the fines reversed. Highly unlikely. The same thing actually happened to me about 2 years ago. When I complained about not receiving a letter, I was told that the letters were complimentary reminders and that it was up to me, personally, to remember when to renew my tags and inspect. She told me straight up not to rely on getting a letter from the DMV. Which reminds me, mine is due next month!
BUT...on the other hand, you shouldn't actually have an additional fees if you go ahead and go to court with documentation that you've taken care every thing.
Hope that helps!

Old 09-14-2009, 11:40 AM

86 posts, read 207,202 times
I just registered my car here (in August) and the lady at the DMV told me I don't have to worry about getting my car inspected until next year. Since it sounds like I shouldn't expect a "friendly reminder," then should I plan on renewing my plate and getting the inspection done by the end of August 2010? I didn't ask the DMV worker to clarify, because she was so rude! Also, can I just renew my plate online, when the time comes? Thanks to anyone that can help.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:51 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,102,359 times
Yes, you can do it online. And you will probably get a letter. 99% of the time, you'll get one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary