Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 10:07 AM

306 posts, read 719,846 times

Advertisements

Logan's to me is good food for a decent price for the whole family. And who doesn't love throwing your peanut shells on the floor? Texas Roadhouse lets you do the same with their peanuts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 01:26 PM

542 posts, read 1,524,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexIntruder View Post
McCormick & Schmick's does not seem anything like Longhorns to me and they are both chains. Maybe you need to try some different chains to have a better idea of what they offer. I too can come up with a list of chains I won't eat at, but I have a list just as big of locally owned places that are not any good.
I also agree that there are many locally owned places that are not any good. Through my experiences working and eating at chains, I also know enough to avoid chains at all costs. Although McCormick and Schmick's may be a different concept then Longhorns, Applebee's, Logan's, etc, they all have the same formula. Food developed in a lab and taste tested by panels so the food will appeal to as wide of array of people as possible. Food that may be edible, but food that would not be considered good by any chef or cook that knew what they were doing. Chain restaurant food in my opinion is comparable to pop music, although the masses may eat it up, it is not necessarily good.

Mike

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 09-20-2009 at 01:32 PM.. Reason: Please don't try to "out" anyone on the forum -- thanks.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:54 PM

250 posts, read 463,934 times
My wife & I have dined at Logan's at White Oak quite often and love the food. The steaks are consistently good - I'd like to know what kind of rub they put on them. Their house salads are always cold & fresh, again consistently good every time we go. Only thing that can be a little bit of a nuisance sometimes is the loud atmosphere, the music system can be a little too much. I still miss the old Bonanza steak houses that used to be here in Eastern NC - anyone else here remember Bonanza?

Old 10-02-2009, 06:32 PM

596 posts, read 1,239,987 times
We have been there,(Garner) it looks like what we had in Ft lauderdale which was called Roadhouse Grill, with the peanuts etc. we liked the restaurant !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary