Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2009, 12:41 PM

677 posts, read 1,897,279 times

Advertisements

Opening in 8 days according to the sign on the window! I don't know if it is because it is tucked at the back of the shopping center & I haven't paid much attention to the goings-on, or what, but it sure seems like that happened fast! Meanwhile, the poor Dunkin Donuts sits, still not open, can't figure out why...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 12:56 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,068,505 times
I feel like I've been robbed every time I shop at Harris Teeter. I go to the one at Holly Springs & Sunset now, but this new is a good location for me too. I love how nice and clean and new the stores are. But every time I leave I'm like why did I go there?

That's exciting it will be open soon. I wonder how that's going to affect the traffic in the area.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:40 PM

154 posts, read 388,461 times
I feel bad for the people in the connected neighborhood (Stonebridge) that I will be cutting through every time I go to (from, actually) the HT.

Looking forward to having it so close, but yes, you do need to learn what they have good prices on and what you should buy elsewhere.

Their subs are an awesome deal.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:06 PM

178 posts, read 547,451 times
Harris Teeter is a great store for shopping with coupons. Right now they have triple coupons up to .99. So if you have a coupon for .75, it's really worth 2.25! When buying items already on sale, one can get many items for free! I shopped there twice over the weekend for basics like cereal, bread, rice, etc.

Trip 1:
Total saved (sale & coupons) 40.15
Total out of pocket 33.81

Trip 2
Total saved (sale & coupons) 39.80
Total out of pocket 33.85

Harris Teeter will also have super doubles every 6 weeks or so. This is doubling coupons up to 1.98. This means your coupon that is 1.75 is worth 3.50. Again, buying items already on sale and using coupons means lots of stuff in your cart is free.

I shop for fruits, veggies, etc. at Lowe's or Trader Joe's. Looking forward to Bloom opening up so I can try their produce department.

I heart coupons!!

Old 09-22-2009, 03:15 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,174,966 times
That Dunkin must have run into financial problems or something because the store looks pretty complete from the outside and most of the furnishings are inside. I can't believe the Teeter will be open so soon. And I know I'll definitely be using the main entrance of Stonebridge as my cut through to get out of there so I can go left on Kildaire.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:52 PM

677 posts, read 1,897,279 times
Harris Teeter isn't my favorite and I hope the fact that it is on MY side of the traffic signal at Ten Ten and Kildaire Farm doesn't make me so lazy that I shop there most of the time instead of going across the intersection to Lowe's. I really prefer Lowe's. HT does seem to have more convenience foods, though, and I like their trash bags I'll probably go to both, then if the Bloom ever opens 10 years from now I'll go there too &, occasionally, Fresh Market & Trader Joe's. I was just amazed they are opening so soon!

Old 09-22-2009, 04:01 PM

90 posts, read 325,964 times
The actual store has been built for about a month, but it's looked empty until last week.
The other Holly Springs Harris Teeter store is opening tomorrow
(on the corner of 55bypass and avent ferry).

I second that Dunkin' Donuts.
They were supposed to be done the week of June 22, but there must be some major issues...

Old 09-22-2009, 06:10 PM

152 posts, read 540,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdolls4me View Post
Harris Teeter isn't my favorite and I hope the fact that it is on MY side of the traffic signal at Ten Ten and Kildaire Farm doesn't make me so lazy that I shop there most of the time instead of going across the intersection to Lowe's. I really prefer Lowe's. HT does seem to have more convenience foods, though, and I like their trash bags I'll probably go to both, then if the Bloom ever opens 10 years from now I'll go there too &, occasionally, Fresh Market & Trader Joe's. I was just amazed they are opening so soon!
I could have just signed my name to your thoughts and typing efforts......oops I think I just did. I concur.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:58 AM

133 posts, read 330,542 times
I agree with assessment that Dunks' must have run into some financial issues. I drive by there all the time and never even notice any work trucks parked there anymore. I haven't driven up close to see if there are any signs. Other reasons could have to do with permits or a change in ownership? Strange indeed. That place will be a gold mine so I'm sure they could start turning a profit fairly quickly.

By the way..what is up with that Bloom construction on Holly Springs Road? That looks more than "stalled"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary