Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 02:45 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,163,684 times

Advertisements

Wake Med Cary is top notch. They treat patient and family like members of their own family.

Duke Raleigh was OK for colonoscopies, but night nursing care for my daughter after back surgery was very poor. Meds were not given as the surgeon ordered and requests for meds were handled very slowly. She was in great pain after double spinal fusion.

Food in Duke Raleigh cafeteria was way better than Wake Cary, but that's not something to use to decide where to have a procedure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 09:31 PM

4,587 posts, read 4,215,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Wake Med Cary is top notch. They treat patient and family like members of their own family.

Duke Raleigh was OK for colonoscopies, but night nursing care for my daughter after back surgery was very poor. Meds were not given as the surgeon ordered and requests for meds were handled very slowly. She was in great pain after double spinal fusion.

Food in Duke Raleigh cafeteria was way better than Wake Cary, but that's not something to use to decide where to have a procedure.

I have to agree with you about the nursing care at Duke Raleigh. I was there for 11 days back in March (my first time as an inpatient in any hospital) and was kind of shocked over the apathy that some of the nurses displayed. The dispensing of pain meds was very slow and it sometimes took an hour or more to receive them AFTER having called the nurses station twice. Although there were a few nurses that were wonderful and really helpful, the majority of the ones I encountered were not very warm or caring.

The food was pretty good. (My favorite was the breakfast bacon, egg and cheese English muffin. Yummy!)

I liked Duke Raleigh overall and did receive good care there. The rooms are nice and the super large flat screen tvs are awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary