Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 12:35 PM

118 posts, read 275,937 times

Advertisements

I am up there all the time! Open soon!!!! Also, I second the kids options...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 01:11 PM

108 posts, read 347,582 times
I am all for it! Holly Springs desperately needs something like this. And while the Sunset Lake Harris Teeter is more convenient for me - I think you'd do better at the location you're thinking of since there is so much development happening on that side of town. Plus, with the library and Walmart over there, many people head that way already. Best of luck!

Old 09-25-2009, 01:11 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,594,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoisbetter View Post
For those who don't know..its maybe 7-10 minutes from one Harris Teeter to the other....
Well. . . . yeah. It's the difference between a 15 minute drive and a 25 minute drive for me.

I can get to:

Sunset Lake/Holly Springs Rd in 15 minutes
Cary's Crossroads Mall in 20 minutes
Cameron Village in 25 minutes
Apex's Beaver Creek in 25 minutes
Avent Ferry/Hwy 55 in 25 minutes

If I have to drive 25 minutes. . . . then Crossroads or Cameron Village or Beaver Creek with many many dining options will win out every time.

Oh. . . . .even better idea. . . . how about at the new Harris Teeter opening at the corner of Ten Ten and Holly Springs Rd!

Man, there sure are a lot of new Harris Teeters opening up.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:36 PM

450 posts, read 1,553,109 times
I think a high-end deli is a great idea, assuming you make your own corned beef and pastrami. No deli worth their salt will buy ready-made CB and Pastrami. It is why I hardly ever order it anywhere unless I know that it's made in house (a 10-day brine makes it even better).

It's also a good idea to cover both sides of the spectrum. Serve the Deli classics (Reubens, Corned Beef, Pastrami, Roast Beef, Turkey and Ham) as well as the more gourmet choices.

Here are some good sandwiches I've made at home:
1. Rosemary and sage chicken with goat cheese and applewood smoked bacon
2. Deep fried turkey breast with avocado, alfalfa sprouts, and buffalo mozzarella with a chipotle mayo
3. Short ribs (braised on the bone, then taken off), pickled red onions and a little bit of mayo on ciabatta
4. Turkey, artichoke, red onions, and a pesto mayonaise on focaccia

I would post more but then I think I'd get too hungry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcub View Post
PLEASE if you do this look into serving Gluten Free options. This area is lacking in Gluten Freindly options and I know there are more like me who would appreciate some more options. Good Luck on this venture!!
Gluten Free in a bread tastes like poo. There is a reason why breat flour has such a high concentration of gluten.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:39 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,836,916 times
From another Holly Glen resident, please do!

ps - That area of development is where the bypass ends and reverts back to just 55.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:55 PM

113 posts, read 727,598 times
If you make it kid friendly, I think you'll have a goldmine!

Old 09-25-2009, 02:01 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,089,036 times
Won't Harris Teeter offerings undercut you?

Old 09-25-2009, 02:03 PM

152 posts, read 541,736 times
I TOTALLY agree, this area is in need of a deli...would TOTALLY agree about the bagel thing too. Would even TOTALLY agree more with a bigger breakfast offering. This area needs a great breakfast place to hang at. Would you have outside dining to eat the quick yummy sandwiches?

And also, I do understand the comments about being out of the way on that end of HS. If you live in Holly Glen or FV or that way commuting on 55 to Highway1 is a no brainer............but if you live on the other side of 55 and the Sunset Lake area, commuter traffic goes up Holly Springs Road, or cuts through Sunset Lake to highway 1 or catches 55 further up. Taking a detour, during commute morning, does not make sense. It depends on which route they need to travel towards work.

Someone needs to open something like a Briggs or a farmers market breakfast place or a First Watch (in the mid west).

To OP--if in that area-I'd definitely give it a try. I'm sure you'll have 55 commuter traffic enough!

Old 09-25-2009, 06:47 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,187,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogard13 View Post
Gluten Free in a bread tastes like poo. There is a reason why breat flour has such a high concentration of gluten.
Unfortunately, for those who are celiac or otherwise gluten sensitive, GF bread is the only option if you want a sandwich. There are some good GF mixes out there, but you have to make the bread, not buy the nasty frozen loaves. I'd love to see some GF options at a deli so my daughter could eat a sandwich with us when we go out. Or GF chicken nuggets, or a GF muffin.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:16 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
This area NEEDS a shop like this.

I would frequent there, OFTEN. This is my kind of food!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary