Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 10:45 PM

10 posts, read 20,326 times

Advertisements

Hey I am all for it. Just make it good and throw in some of that Dirty South. What folks down here crave is artery cloggin goodness. We don't need it all the time but when we need it we are coming to you to get it. Just remember we ain't all from NY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 06:21 AM

515 posts, read 1,716,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncsmomndad View Post
Unfortunately, for those who are celiac or otherwise gluten sensitive, GF bread is the only option if you want a sandwich. There are some good GF mixes out there, but you have to make the bread, not buy the nasty frozen loaves. I'd love to see some GF options at a deli so my daughter could eat a sandwich with us when we go out. Or GF chicken nuggets, or a GF muffin.

And there are also some very good tasting GF breads out there now.

Old 09-26-2009, 08:19 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,594,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcub View Post
And there are also some very good tasting GF breads out there now.
Where do you find them? Every GF bread that my wife has bought at Whole Foods tastes like cardboard.

Old 09-26-2009, 04:41 PM

515 posts, read 1,716,205 times
Whole foods has bagels and french rolls that are very good.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:17 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,004,259 times
I love the idea. BUT I heard that Jersey Mikes was opening in that shopping center which would be a lot of competition for you sandwich wise.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:01 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,721,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
I love the idea. BUT I heard that Jersey Mikes was opening in that shopping center which would be a lot of competition for you sandwich wise.
If JM is opening in that shopping center I would find another business location. I'm a die hard JM fan.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:02 PM

299 posts, read 635,047 times
I think it's a great idea, but I also think the Holly Springs & Sunset Lake area would be a better location, too. I had looked into opening a restaurant there and haven't given up on it completely yet since this area needs more options for food, especially good take out. Whatever you do, please find a good bakery, without good rolls, the sandwiches just won't taste very good no matter how great the quality of meat is. Good luck to you--no matter where you open, I'll be there!

Old 09-29-2009, 12:12 PM

450 posts, read 1,350,056 times
Another (selfish) vote for a deli at the Sunset Lake/Holly Springs Road location.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:00 PM

37 posts, read 215,486 times
I think that will be a good location for a deli, and good option against the fast food restaurants coming in. You want to have a nice atmosphere in the space that allows your commuters easy access, and your locals a place to 'hang' out. Wi-fi, flat panel for the regulars.

Keep the menu simple and offer good portions with healthy side options. That will keep them coming! $6-7 range for meal would work in this market. Over that and it becomes a tough sell. An end unit with a drive through window would be a new concept for a deli that may go far. Just a thought. Good luck.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:28 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
This is the kind of stuff you need to be looking into. Competing with a chain with a built in customer base can be a challenge for an independent. Also, I do not know the Holly Springs area but I would really research the location and make sure it sees a lot of traffic especially the workday lunch crows which can be the bread and butter of a deli.

Good Luck with your venture. I'm sure the area can use a quality Deli, but just like anywhere else your success will be heavily impacted by finding the best possible Location, Location, and Location.

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary