U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 07:41 PM

5 posts, read 40,870 times

Advertisements

Has anyone been to the BB outlet in Garland NC? Just wondering if it is worth the drive.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 05:42 AM

1,007 posts, read 5,396,749 times
Yes, actually I did go there a couple of times. It's not real large and a hit or miss type of thing. My husband got a great deal on a leather coat, but I couldn't find anything that I would wear. They aren't really my type of clothes I'd say. I think for some reason they have more in the late Fall than other times of the year. The Fall clothes seem more trendy - sweaters, coats that sort of apparel. The skirts and blouses are just very generic and so are the pants.

Old 09-26-2009, 07:48 AM

1,678 posts, read 3,211,337 times
It's not really an outlet. They have a separate label for the clothes there.

Old 09-26-2009, 07:59 AM

5 posts, read 40,870 times
So do you think it is worth the drive for men's clothes?

Old 09-26-2009, 08:46 AM

They are having a 30% off sale right now that ends in 4 days. That certainly helps. If you PM me your email address, I'll forward you the Friends and Family coupon if you don't have it.

My husband shops there. The clothes are enough cheaper that he finds it to be worth it.

Old 09-26-2009, 08:47 AM

I just re-read your original post and saw that you said "Garland." I don't know anything about that place...sorry! But the coupon is good for there as well.

Old 09-26-2009, 02:23 PM

836 posts, read 3,294,131 times
I am with the previous poster who warned not to expect BB regular quality clothes there. The BB outlet stores used to sell "real" BB clothing, so it was a deal, but we have noticed a change to a BB "outlet brand", the shirts, which is the main reason my DH used to shop there, are not that great, so not worth the money they are charging.

Old 09-26-2009, 06:41 PM

38,745 posts, read 67,056,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaNC View Post
I am with the previous poster who warned not to expect BB regular quality clothes there. The BB outlet stores used to sell "real" BB clothing, so it was a deal, but we have noticed a change to a BB "outlet brand", the shirts, which is the main reason my DH used to shop there, are not that great, so not worth the money they are charging.
Does this apply to the Garland Store?

Old 09-28-2009, 05:22 AM

1,007 posts, read 5,396,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichacona View Post
So do you think it is worth the drive for men's clothes?

It's hard to answer that question. Personally I wouldn't go that far unless it is absolutely spectacular. Which imo is not. It's not a huge store and there is absolutely nothing in Garland. The men's shirts are the same.. meaning they have a few types and many of them (last time I was there were many plaids). Same with the ladies apparel. Sweaters, pants, etc. I think it depends on the year the clothes came out and what they want to get rid of for that year. I happen to travel by there about 4-5 times a year, so it isn't a big deal for me. Otherwise I seriously doubt I'd go unless I just wanted to drive about an hour and a half.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:32 AM

7 posts, read 7,193 times
If you go into the store and see something that you might like or something you definitely like, you better grab it right away. The store clerks were covertly working with a resaler while I was in the store and moving merchandise back behind the counter. Shoes I was looking at started quickly disappearing, and no one came clean about what happened. The guy that was doing it strangely acted like he was an employee of the store and appeared on the surface to be helpful to meand my friend while he was doing it. I just sent Brooks Brothers anemail about this incident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary