Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2007, 03:04 PM

202 posts, read 949,706 times

Advertisements

I am selling a house in Apex and was wondering what type of traffic should I expect or hope to expect when it comes to showings? Is there much traffic on weekdays or is mostly weekends? I do have a realtor and it's on MLS but should I be doing anything else to market the house? I feel like it's a desirable house but then again I am sure most everyone feels this way about there house. It's been on MLS for 2 days and I have had only one person look at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2007, 03:29 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,923,274 times
I posted something similar when I first listed my house.
//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...-showings.html

Now, being that your house is in Apex and mine is in Durham, I would expect more showings for you than for me. But I wouldn't worry too much after only 2 days.

Old 05-04-2007, 04:19 PM

281 posts, read 1,107,951 times
1 showing in 2 days is pretty good

Old 05-04-2007, 06:21 PM

149 posts, read 773,931 times
How is your house selling going? Are you getting more interest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVentive View Post
I posted something similar when I first listed my house.
//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...-showings.html

Now, being that your house is in Apex and mine is in Durham, I would expect more showings for you than for me. But I wouldn't worry too much after only 2 days.

Old 05-04-2007, 08:17 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,030,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmithgolf2000 View Post
I am selling a house in Apex and was wondering what type of traffic should I expect or hope to expect when it comes to showings? Is there much traffic on weekdays or is mostly weekends? I do have a realtor and it's on MLS but should I be doing anything else to market the house? I feel like it's a desirable house but then again I am sure most everyone feels this way about there house. It's been on MLS for 2 days and I have had only one person look at it.

I think a lot of i depends on the location and price point of the house (I know that doesn't help much!!!). But, more expensive homes ultimately there are not as many buyers (in the 600k range), the middle of the road houses in a desireable location will get regular showings. I have found that usually in the first couple of weekends the showings are higher, but may slow a little. Probably you can expect more showings on the weekends but again it depends when the buyer's are in town. Just make sure you set your appointments (how you want them) through centralized showing service. This way you can decide how you want to have the appointments made, etc. Anyhow, your realtor should take care of things on the marketing end, and you just make sure that you have the house looking good for the showings............

Leigh

Old 05-05-2007, 07:22 PM

106 posts, read 403,355 times
My house has been on the market for 9 weeks and have had 27 showings and 3 second showings! We are averaging 3 a week. My house in 500k range so if yours is lower you should expect more than me. We are in a golf course community but it is in Chapel Hill/Chatham county which seems to be hurting us.

Old 05-05-2007, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyguys View Post
How is your house selling going? Are you getting more interest?
Thanks for asking! It's going okay I guess, but certainly not stellar. We had our 6th showing today, after 65 days on market, and two now have given feedback. Our first feedback people said they really liked our house and it was their favorite one they saw in Durham, but they decided they actually wanted to move to Holly Springs instead. The second feedback was from the showing this morning and they said that they really liked our house too. Our agent is going to call them and ask if there is anything we can do concession-wise that would make them more interested. They are here from out-of-town, so I'm thinking that they have more houses to look at on Sunday, and that if they are interested we will maybe hear something by the end of the weekend. I'm trying to stay optimistic, but my husband is the opposite and thinks there's no chance. If we get an offer, I will post about it and let you guys know!

Old 05-05-2007, 08:29 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,054,971 times
Best of luck to you, ADVentive! My husband and I know two families that live in your neighborhood. In fact, if I hadn't caught a tummy bug, I'd be down the street from you right now at a Cinco de Mayo party! Our friends seem very happy living there. You certainly get a lot of house for your money. I think similar homes would cost 20% more in SW Durham. Our friends think the lower prices are "thanks" to the high school (Southern HS has a pretty bad reputation apparently). Other than that, it seems to be a nice neighborhood for young people who either don't have children or have very young children.

Just so you know, our realtor says that the average house in SW Durham is on the market for 90 days. Compare that to your area & you're probably fine. Maybe you just need to wait for school to let out(?).

Old 05-06-2007, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteel View Post
Best of luck to you, ADVentive! My husband and I know two families that live in your neighborhood. In fact, if I hadn't caught a tummy bug, I'd be down the street from you right now at a Cinco de Mayo party! Our friends seem very happy living there. You certainly get a lot of house for your money. I think similar homes would cost 20% more in SW Durham. Our friends think the lower prices are "thanks" to the high school (Southern HS has a pretty bad reputation apparently). Other than that, it seems to be a nice neighborhood for young people who either don't have children or have very young children.

Just so you know, our realtor says that the average house in SW Durham is on the market for 90 days. Compare that to your area & you're probably fine. Maybe you just need to wait for school to let out(?).
Yes, you are exactly right about the schools. Southern Durham HS has a bad reputation. It seems that our buyers will be young people without kids or with very young kids, or older people with grown kids. As such, I don't know that the school year schedule will make much difference for us.

Our lookers yesterday were older folks who love their dog (brought the dog in the backseat while house hunting!), which would be great b/c our fenced yard is a great yard for a dog (our 2 love it!). And if you don't have to worry about the schools, then you can get more bang for your buck if you come out my way! We just sent them a bunch of info about dog stuff in Durham, so we'll see what they say!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary