Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2009, 09:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,774 times

Advertisements

probably moving to durham for a job. looking for "it all" in the way of a rental. for me that includes quiet, safe, friendly, open-minded, welcoming, artsy; i love lofts, not expensive ones and did i mention quiet as in good sound control in the building?
amenities? wifi in the unit, laundry in the unit. not into fancy stuff. hey, concrete floors are great! or wood...but not slick.
as for neighborhoods, i've never been to durham myself but people have name-dropped "downtown", "lavender hill". any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 07:45 AM

10 posts, read 26,952 times
Check out the Golden Belt campus.

Golden Belt--Downtown Durham Loft Apartments, Studios, Retail, Office

We moved here from California, and rented the place only through pictures on the internet and discussions from a few people on this board. The lofts are great, very artsy, quiet, concrete floors, laundry in unit. While some people may say the neighborhood isn't the safest, I feel perfectly safe. I wouldn't wander around the neighborhood after dark, but I feel very safe on the campus and am not scared of driving through the neighborhood.

You can PM me if you have questions.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:55 AM

76 posts, read 194,928 times
Agree completely with SFChef:
Quote:
The lofts are great, very artsy, quiet, concrete floors, laundry in unit. While some people may say the neighborhood isn't the safest, I feel perfectly safe. I wouldn't wander around the neighborhood after dark, but I feel very safe on the campus and am not scared of driving through the neighborhood.
Golden Belt lofts was the first place that popped into my mind. Other options in the downtown area would be West Village, Bull Durham Lofts @ American Tobacco. Good luck with the search and welcome to Durham
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary