Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2009, 09:16 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times

Advertisements

Yesterday my wife and I visited Glasshalfull in Carrboro to taste some wines and have lunch. This was our first time there and we truly enjoyed it. The have a great selection of wines that you can try in 3 oz or 5 oz glasses or by the bottle. The food is excellent too. They only serve lunch to 2:30 on Saturday and we arrived on the tail end of that and UNC game was also going on at the same time, so there were not a lot of people there which was kind of nice for a quiet lunch.

For lunch I had the Slow-Roasted Porchetta sandwhich on Ciabatta bread. My wife enjoyed the Tuna Confit salad with radishes, cucumbers, braised leeks, and pimnetos. We tried a variety of their wines too. All of which were excellent. You can read more about the wine and food they offer at their website here: Glasshalfull

Below are a few pictures from our visit:

Glasshalfull

The Bar

Dining Area

Tasting some nice French white wine

Slow-Roasted Porchetta on Ciabatta with Sweet and Sour Vegetable Relish

Outdoor Seating

Last edited by North_Raleigh_Guy; 10-04-2009 at 09:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2009, 09:18 AM

1,955 posts, read 5,265,627 times
Thanks - love that place! Definitely not only a gem for Carrboro but for the entire Triangle area.

NRG - are you sure you're in the right part of the Triangle? You seem to fancy our side a little more with the great pictures you take here

Old 10-05-2009, 05:41 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneOne View Post
NRG - are you sure you're in the right part of the Triangle? You seem to fancy our side a little more with the great pictures you take here
My wife and I were just discussing this the other day. Right now Raleigh works really well for us, but I could see a possible move to Orange County in the cards for us if our job situation ever changes.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:25 AM

744 posts, read 1,262,047 times
Glasshalfull is a fantastic place. I haven't tried them for lunch as I work in downtown Durham but that sandwich looks awesome!

NGR, you may want to play around with the exposure compensation feature of your camera when the indoor lighting is a little dark. Just a helpful suggestion.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:15 AM

3,743 posts, read 13,697,007 times

I dunno.... that glass looks half empty to me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary