Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 08:12 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times

Advertisements

Ganyard Hill Farm
319 Sherron Rd , Durham

Smith's Nursery and Berry Farm
443 Sanders Rd. Benson , NC 27504
Iseley Farms
2960 Burch Bridge Road Burlington, NC, Iseley Farms is a true family farm that has been owned and operated by the Iseley family since the 1790's. The farm has a pumpkin patch every October, and has an on-farm market that sells a wide variety of produce, including fall-themed items such as gourds and mums.

Ashley Porter Farms & Nursery
3504 NC Highway 42 Willow Springs, NC

Vollmer Farm
677 NC Hwy 98E, Bunn, NC
Vollmer Farm is the best true pumpkin patch with lots of other great fun and safe family activities! You can spend an hour or a day! Plus, everything is grown right there on the farm!!!! What a great way to support our local economy! Go to Vollmer Farm-you will never forget it! It's our family tradition!

Ashley Porter Farms is located in Wake County, NC near Fuquay-Varina. The farm offers a wide variety of pumpkins and fall flowers for sale, including giant pumpkins, miniature pumpkins and mums.

What Folks Say About Vollmer Farm

Green level Gourd
3800 Greenlevel Rd. West Apex, NC 27523 Greenlevel Gourd Farm sells pumpkins, gourds, and also offers a Halloween hay ride 7 days a week during the month of October.
Greenlevel Gourd Farm is open 12:00 to 5:00 PM Monday - Sunday during the month of October for pumpkins and hay rides. Gourd gift shop hours 1:00-5:00 PM Tuesday thru Sunday year round.

Hill Ridge Farms
703 Tarboro Road - Youngsville, NC
General Admission $10.00 (Includes Free Pumpkin w/Hayride) ... We are located just outside of Wake Forest and just a short drive from Raleigh.
Welcome to Hill Ridge Farms
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 08:31 PM

Ken's Korny Corn Maze
3175 Benson Highway, Garner, NC
huge maze that has 2 1/2 miles of trails

en's farm also has an 8,000 square foot rope maze, a mini-maze and playground for small kids, hayrides, miniature golf, pumpkin bowling, and a concession stand and picnic area.

Lee Farm's Corn Maze
2280 Devils Tramping Ground Rd., Bear Creek, NC
Lee Farm's Corn Maze is located in Chatham County, about an hour's drive from downtown Raleigh or downtown Durham . However, if you're looking for a huge corn maze, an excursion to Lee Farm's maze will be worth the trip. The ten-acre maze is located on Devils Tramping Ground Rd., which is also home to the Devils Tramping Ground, supposedly one of the most haunted places in North Carolina.

Brown Farm
399 Loop Rd., Clayton, NC, The Brown Farm has a five-acre "big maze" as well as a covered "mini-maze" for kids to play in, rain or shine. Brown Farm also offers hayrides, an on-farm picnic area (complete with restrooms) and a market that sells corn stalks, straw, pumpkins, mums and other fall produce.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:49 PM

30 posts, read 110,630 times
Great thread!

I want to add a couple :
Green Acres Farm - on Morrisville Carpenter Rd, across from Carpenter Village in Cary. They have hayrides and a corn maze. There are also haystacks, and a couple of bounce houses-at least during the weekends. The maze will be open on Friday and Saturday nights during the month of October.
Green Acres Farm

Phillips Farm - They have a Kay Yow inspired corn maze, and I believe they have a Haunted maze during weekends.
Phillips Farm
6701 Good Hope Church Rd
Cary, NC 27519

Old 10-07-2009, 08:18 AM

220 posts, read 866,210 times
Vollmer is WONDERFUL!!! Love it! We've also been to Hill Ridge which is great too.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:29 AM

155 posts, read 577,154 times
SunnyKayak -- have you ever been to any of these pumpkin farms? I'm looking to go next weekend, and I'm having a hard time deciding which one to go to. I'm looking for one that's not geared completely to children. Maybe one that has other produce and flowers for sale...fresh picked apples would be nice too! Any ideas?

Old 10-07-2009, 09:02 AM

1,877 posts, read 5,342,872 times
Cedar Creek Farm and Landscaping

I've been in the haunted maze and it is a lot of fun.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanatastar View Post
SunnyKayak -- have you ever been to any of these pumpkin farms? I'm looking to go next weekend, and I'm having a hard time deciding which one to go to. I'm looking for one that's not geared completely to children. Maybe one that has other produce and flowers for sale...fresh picked apples would be nice too! Any ideas?
No I havent i'm in the Charlotte area but I couldnt help to think of "Little People, Big World doing this.

Kanaster I dont know which one more adult oriented. The posters here may assist

I think I might go soon to Lee Farm.
I never been to the Devil's Tramping Ground and now I have a reason.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:08 PM

110 posts, read 455,894 times
Kay Yow corn maze was cool

Old 10-08-2009, 04:35 PM

578 posts, read 3,081,336 times
I took my family to Vollmer Farm last year. Everyone had a lot of fun. But I thought it was pretty expensive. I'm hoping to find some place nearly as fun but where I can take 3 adults, 3 children, walk away with 6 pumpins, a hay ride, and some fun activities without spending $150 or whatever it cost us between entry and buying pumpkins.

Old 10-11-2009, 05:03 AM

119 posts, read 355,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastric View Post
I took my family to Vollmer Farm last year. Everyone had a lot of fun. But I thought it was pretty expensive. I'm hoping to find some place nearly as fun but where I can take 3 adults, 3 children, walk away with 6 pumpins, a hay ride, and some fun activities without spending $150 or whatever it cost us between entry and buying pumpkins.
I agree they are very expensive, although I have to say, they offer a LOT and it's probably one of the cleanest, most well-organized pumpkin-picking farms we've been to in this area. It's too bad the admission price doesn't also include the cost of a small pumpkin.

As an FYI for next year----if you go on the Annual Triangle Farm Tour (Carolina Farm Stewardship Association) and make Vollmer one of your stops, they give out FREE passes to all the people in your group to come back and do the Back Forty thing and pumpkin picking (at least they did this year, anyway).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary