Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 09:26 AM

481 posts, read 1,086,616 times

Advertisements

If you will be working in RTP, look at Apex. I live there and work in Morrisville ( which right next to RTP ). Granted I work from 7-4 but at that time of the morning I get to work in 20 minutes. Which compared to any NJ commute I had is a dream Also, there are really nice ( and only 2 years old ) apartments literally across from the elementary school my daughter attends. 1 - it's a great school and 2 - he can walk safely if he had to or if you drive it's a hop-skip away. I think the rents there are in your range. Here is a link, with photos and floor plans.
Creekside Hills Apartments in Apex, NC | Apartments.com

The school also has ( which we use and love) a before and after school program through the YMCA. You can drop him off at 7am and it is open until 6pm. Best part is the program is all at the school. No need to drop him off any place else. It is a year round school so we also use them for the track out programs. If you are not aware of that -some schools here are tradtional and others like mine are year round. Meaning they go to school for about 9 weeks at a time then they are off for about 3. For the working parents you would use the track out programs out there. The YMCA as I mentioned has it and best part also is you drop you kid off at the school. They will bus him back to the YMCA for the day then have him back at the school ready for pick up
We love Apex, it's a great town, close to shopping and good commute to rtp, morrisvile and my husband works in Durham. Takes him about 45 minutes. Good luck!

Last edited by mishellina; 10-08-2009 at 09:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 11:26 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Quote:
It is always a better idea to live east of where you work.
Huh? I can't help but thinking all those cars stuck in I-40 traffic heading west to work in the morning and east in the evening heading home that I pass every day as I commute from Chapel Hill to Raleigh must think otherwise.
Yeah, I confess, I can't imagine the logic that Crash had in mind here, other than that you are never driving into the sun?

Crash, please explain your philosophy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary