Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2009, 07:08 AM

7 posts, read 22,165 times

Advertisements

My partner (boy) and I (girl) are both q*u*e*e*r*s who like to sing a whole lot. I thought it'd be fun to join a chorus together, but I can't find a mixed gender chorus for the LGBTQs. Does anybody have any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 07:15 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,095,324 times
Start one up via Meetup.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:35 AM

836 posts, read 3,469,921 times
Ask and it shall be given: Triangle Gay Men's Chorus (http://tgmchorus.org/livepages/index.html - broken link)

Old 10-08-2009, 08:22 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,058,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaNC View Post
Ask and it shall be given: Triangle Gay Men's Chorus (http://tgmchorus.org/livepages/index.html - broken link)
Sorry, VaNC, but that isn't what the OP is looking for. She'd like a mixed gender chorus. TGMC is for men only.

bdchilde, if you want to find out about choral music groups in the Triangle, go to Triangle Sings.
Resource for choral music information and activities in the Triangle area of North Carolina (NC)
The directory there lists all of the local groups & gives you a basic idea of what sort of music they like to perform. There are 33 mixed gender choral groups in their directory, so hopefully one of those will work for you! Another idea: drop an e-mail to the Triangle Gay Men's Chorus and ask if they know of a mixed gender group that is especially LGBTQ friendly. Good luck!

Old 10-08-2009, 11:32 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,824,929 times
I can tell you that no, there are no mixed-gender GLBT Choruses here. I am a member of TGMC, and there is also the Common Woman Chorus in Durham, for women, but both are pretty small (~25 singers) and there hasn't been a demand for a mixed-gender one yet (though we have done joint concerts before, and in fact, I believe may be doing a joint concert this coming spring). What's wrong with the two of you joining separate choruses? They rehearse the same night.

If "mixed" trumps "GLBT" for you, then pretty much any of the community choruses here would be fine, depending on where you are. The Durham Choral Society and the Master Chorale (rehearses in Raleigh) both have PLENTY of gay members, I know for a fact, but they don't perform at events such as Pride, etc.

The closest mixed GLBT chorus to here is One Voice in Charlotte.

PM for more info if you want.

Last edited by Francois; 10-08-2009 at 11:48 AM..

Old 10-08-2009, 01:36 PM

836 posts, read 3,469,921 times
Oops, sorry, reading too fast!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary