Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 10:44 AM

5 posts, read 13,737 times

Advertisements

Cuban here moving to Cary at the beginning of Feb. '08. My husband, 18 year old son and me are very excited about moving. My mom and sister are also considering to move but are still thinking about it. We visited the area this past September and got to know a few cubans who live in the area at the Havana Grill Cuban Restaurant. We personally found their food to be very expensive and not that good (sorry, I don't want to offend anyone with my comment).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2007, 07:16 PM

94 posts, read 432,831 times
Here is another on the way! .....eventually. My family and I are looking forward to moving out of Miami, and will then officially be "Halfbacks", as we are originally from New Jersey.

Old 12-14-2007, 01:52 AM

1,036 posts, read 3,960,552 times
Amazing how many more are moving to the area.... I just met a few other Cuban's living here, the population is certainly growing.

Old 12-20-2007, 05:44 PM

10 posts, read 26,366 times
Mia Gonz, I appreciate your comments. Be whomever you need to be. No one gets to define you.

To the other folks who made that comment about being American. If you actually new something about your own culture and your ethnicity and historicial roots you would not have such a problem with folks like Mia Gonz. Find out who you are before you decide to tell someone else who to be. When one knows where they came from they don't hate so much. Instead they appreciate. Comments like this remind me that the south is still the south know matter how you try to fancy it up!

Old 12-20-2007, 06:01 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,668,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym Diva View Post
Mia Gonz, I appreciate your comments. Be whomever you need to be. No one gets to define you.

To the other folks who made that comment about being American. If you actually new something about your own culture and your ethnicity and historicial roots you would not have such a problem with folks like Mia Gonz. Find out who you are before you decide to tell someone else who to be. When one knows where they came from they don't hate so much. Instead they appreciate. Comments like this remind me that the south is still the south know matter how you try to fancy it up!
And some of the comments were started by a troll .

So lets just move along and get past those comments and
~stay on topic please~.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:12 PM

4 posts, read 10,931 times
Default cubans in the triangle

I've met very few Cubans since I moved here two years ago. Most of the hispanic community here is Mexican, like most of the US. I've met more Puerto Ricans, from NYC and PR, than Cubans. There's a few Cuban restaurants. The food is ok, but a lot more expensive and not as good as what you can find in cualquier cafeteria en Miami. If you like salsa/dancing there are a few nice places too. Would be nice if I could find a few other people to play a game of domino every once in a while..

Old 12-28-2007, 09:58 AM

5 posts, read 12,748 times
I dont live in Carey I live in Middlesex, NC. My husband and I moved 4 months ago. I have not met any fellow Cubans here, yet.

E

Old 01-06-2008, 05:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,737 times
I'm from Miami; living in Durham. Any nice places in Durham to go salsa dancing?

Old 01-10-2008, 08:21 AM

1 posts, read 2,715 times
Cool Salsa Dancing

There are a few venues for dancing salsa in the Triangle.

1st Friday - Spice Street in Chapel Hill. In my opinion, this is more for the college age, but has a good crowd.

1st Saturday - a new event @ Carmen's/Touch Ultra Loung in Morrisville (near the airport) - Salsateka -completely salsa (see [url=http://www.mambodinamico.com]Welcome to MamboDinamico.com![/url])

2nd Saturday- Copa Night - George's Garage. There are two clubs one that plays pure salsa and the other that is a mixture of music (reggaeton, bachata, salsa, etc.) www. cobobrothers.com
There are other venues like Jibarra Lounge in Raleigh and Rumba 54 in Durham. I am not too familiar with these venues, but have heard mixed reactions from others that are in to the latin social circles......

Old 01-11-2008, 02:49 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,100,946 times
Cuban here from Jersey. Closed on a house in south Durham right before the holidays. Trying to sell our home in Hudson County now so we can move down and hopefully make some new friends, Cubans and anyone else. Someone should have a Cuban meet-up down there so we can all connect. Anyway, I can't wait to move down with my hubby and three kids who are all in college. We're in our early 40's. Would love to hear from others. Looking forward to visiting my new house next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary