Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 10:10 PM

192 posts, read 617,757 times

Advertisements

whoah, i totally jinxed myself by posting on this thread, because one of those suckers was in my apartment tonight...my cat must have been sleepin on the job! i caught it with tupperware and let it go....but i think i broke a couple legs by accident in the process, so he better go back to his friends and tell them not to mess with me cuz ill break their legs, too haha. i feel like if i killed him, i would be living that scene from men in black....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 06:07 AM

532 posts, read 2,845,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaiziegrace View Post
Does anyone have a good pest service that they recommend? I don't know what it is about this time of year...
Just sent you a DM

Old 10-12-2009, 07:23 AM

18,065 posts, read 15,658,847 times
Doityourselfpestcontrol.com

Look in the "roach" section for the best stuff to purchase. I bought supplies from them 3 yrs ago and I do a much better job than any exterminator and have saved myself a fortune in the process; I still have my original solutions so that one purchase has lasted me 3+ yrs!

Old 10-12-2009, 09:16 AM

571 posts, read 1,303,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Doityourselfpestcontrol.com

Look in the "roach" section for the best stuff to purchase. I bought supplies from them 3 yrs ago and I do a much better job than any exterminator and have saved myself a fortune in the process; I still have my original solutions so that one purchase has lasted me 3+ yrs!
Would you mind sharing what specific chemical you use? I'm comparing my Orkin bill to the Doityourselfpestcontrol site, and now I am thoroughly confused. Thanks!

Old 10-12-2009, 10:50 AM

18,065 posts, read 15,658,847 times
I purchased "Bifen IT" solution. It's concentrated and makes lots and lots.

I also purchased some "Delta Dust" powder that I sprinkled around my attic.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:05 AM

139 posts, read 260,635 times
Go get yourself a couple of tubes of caulk a can or two of Great Stuff some steel wool, Roach Prufe and a bulb duster and go to town filling every hole, crack and crevice you can find. Especially where plumbing comes through the wall, i.e. sinks, toilets, showers. Caulk baseboards if gaps are present. Pull your bottom drawers out from under your cabinets and look for gaps. Keep an eye out for small, black specs (roach poop) and look for entrances nearby.

I started seeing those little buggers in my bathroom on a nightly basis about a month ago and after sealing the place up, I only see one a week or so now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstleddy View Post
We've spotted two large (1.5") Smokys in and near our master bath. They can fly. Both have been spotted first thing in the morning. I'm wondering, could they be getting in via the drain at night and then just can't find their way out in the morning? When we lived in the CA desert we had roaches come up through the drains at night. Our master has two sinks, tub and shower drain.

We spotted these two (inside) plus one flying in the garage this week, Last year we spotted one Smoky (bathroom again) around Halloween. Is October a big roach month? We never see them during the rest of the year. Inside that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary