Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 05:14 PM

2,698 posts, read 12,099,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcub View Post
Please don't tell me you are one of those motorcyclists who drive between the cars when there is a traffic jam just cause your on a bike. I am not trying to accuse you but your response opens it up and those types of bikers PO me because the motorcycle groups are always screaming to "be aware" of bikes on the road yet some (NOT ALL) abuse that.
no, i don't lane split in NC. it's illegal here (unlike CA where i learned to ride). the bike just makes it easier to get in and out of tight spots, plus the extra 'oomph' for passing doesn't hurt.

getting home wasn't that bad anyway. traffic eastbound on I-40 was nothing. i usually get off at 54 (exit 273) and head North into Chapel Hill, but the overpass looked like a nightmare so i went one more exit down and doubled back. easy as cake.

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 07:28 PM

515 posts, read 1,711,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post
no, i don't lane split in NC. it's illegal here (unlike CA where i learned to ride). the bike just makes it easier to get in and out of tight spots, plus the extra 'oomph' for passing doesn't hurt.
oh ok. Thanks for not getting offended. I tired to make it as non-confrontational as possible

Old 10-23-2009, 07:51 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,831,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post
getting home wasn't that bad anyway. traffic eastbound on I-40 was nothing. i usually get off at 54 (exit 273) and head North into Chapel Hill, but the overpass looked like a nightmare so i went one more exit down and doubled back. easy as cake.
Yup - seems the Thursday evening game didn't disrupt things too much. I went home about 6:30 and while traffic on I-40 westbound was perhaps a tad slower here and there than normal, it wasn't bad. I did not that the exit for NC54 was pretty backed up - that seems to be where the extra game traffic was headed. The exits for 15-501 and NC86 had normal levels of traffic. I didn't venture near campus to see how the traffic was flowing there.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:49 AM

415 posts, read 1,105,673 times
I find that traffic usually moves along just fine on I-40E at 4:30-4:45 until about mile marker 285 - just before my exit. Then it slows to a crawl. If there is an issue (accident, free admission to the fair, etc) it can double my admittedly short commute.

The suggestion of Page/Global etc was good except that it would have me going way out of the way and so probably wouldn't help my commute time even on a bad day on I-40.

I ended up exiting at Aviation Parkway and that turned out so well that I might keep that as my regular go-home route!

Old 10-23-2009, 03:13 PM

2,459 posts, read 8,041,985 times
Veering back to the State Fair (Fare?) canned food day, WRAL is reporting:
Fairgoers donated 237,534 pounds of food, an increase of more than 71,000 pounds from a year ago and more than the 2009 goal of 200,000 pounds, officials said.The food donations are equivalent to 200,028 meals, officials said.

Pretty impressive !

Frank
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary