Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2009, 01:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,505 times

Advertisements

I would like the opinions of the residents of Apex, Cary, RTP, and the Chapel Hill area. Do you think a seafood market that delivers would be successful? How many of us really shop for seafood? Are we satisfied with the locations of seafood markets out there and the distance we must travel to get to them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 02:00 PM

1,994 posts, read 5,943,177 times
Personally, I want to pick out the seafood that I buy myself, so confirming quality is a bigger priority than delivery to my door.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:09 PM

137 posts, read 551,380 times
Any good fish market in this area would be welcome! Hard to believe how little is available. I order my fish from Seattle and FedEx it in regularly due to the fact that I have not found a good clean (!!) reliable market in the triangle!
I am from the Boston area, and there are many great fish markets there.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:17 PM

1,681 posts, read 6,006,713 times
Be very aware of what is happening in North Carolina. There are groups that are attempting to ban locally (North Carolina) caught seafood. The latest attempt is to ban seatrout and redfish.
These groups consist mainly of inland recreational fishermen who feel that the local commercial fishing families are a threat to their sport.
The irony of it all in regards to seatrout is that the recreational fishermen is responsible for 3-4 times the seatrout catch/mortality.
I live on the NC coast and highly encourage local seafood. In any case-Make sure your preferred seafood is wild caught and fresh!
Bill

Old 10-21-2009, 03:56 PM

464 posts, read 1,040,123 times
I agree that any quality fish market would be a welcome sight around these parts. I am also a transplant having a hard time with the teeny tiny seafood departments in any of the supermarkets around here.

That is one thing I miss dearly so if anyone finds a quality place to buy locally let me know!

Old 10-22-2009, 01:45 AM

2,407 posts, read 10,654,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toot68 View Post
Personally, I want to pick out the seafood that I buy myself, so confirming quality is a bigger priority than delivery to my door.
x2. I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be buying seafood from a delivery service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary