Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 07:58 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,226,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey86 View Post
maybe its just me, but that kinda takes the fun out of it.
Yeah for me that's almost as bad as going to a mall

I had about 30, which was a relief considering neighbors said they've had well over 100 or more some years and I didn't have enough for that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 08:28 AM

7 posts, read 18,466 times
this was our first Halloween in our house here in Youngsville and we didn't know what to expect. Kids started coming to the door around 6:30 and trailed off by 8:30....we almost ran out of candy. i'd say we had 50-75 TorT'ers.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:42 AM
T|K

892 posts, read 2,500,699 times
We had about 40 kids or so. Sat in the driveway drinking a beer and giving out candy!

Old 11-01-2009, 02:49 PM

426 posts, read 1,491,814 times
Im guessing about 25 kids.

Old 11-01-2009, 03:54 PM

60 posts, read 129,532 times
We got a whole six kids - glad I didn't buy too much candy.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:28 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,144,259 times
We get pretty many, but most are not neighborhood kids. We get lots if kids trucked in from the apartments and trailer parks around us.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:08 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,770,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
worrying about scaring the littlest of kids and angering the parents (if I'm going to do it, I must wear the witch's hat and a green clay facial), and having the dogs go ape when the doorbell rings.
Really! Parents get angry because they way you dressed up??? That's ridiculous... don't they remember it's TRICK or treat... not just treat or treat!

When my kids were under 3 years old and a little more sensitive to the "scare" part of Halloween we tried to show them it was part of the fun. There is a balance and you don't have to shield them from witches and spiders. Now, I get that some kids are an exception and just can't deal w/ this sort of stuff. But then the parents should be taking them to houses of friends that they have prescreened.

Some of my fondest memories Trick or Treating is when the crazy uncle would jump out of the bushes dressed like a monster and "chase" us to the car. We talked about that for ages afterwards!!! THOSE are the houses you remember.

loveBrentwood, if we didn't love our neighborhood Halloween traditions so much we'd trek over to N. Raleigh just to see the green clay faced witch.

And to answer NRG, we only had about 30 trick or treaters.... down from last year.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:12 PM

2,459 posts, read 8,091,480 times
We had seven trick or treaters which is about normal for our place. After giving each one three pieces of candy we have 84 pieces left.
Ooops .. 83 now.

Frank

Old 11-02-2009, 08:54 AM

355 posts, read 1,504,859 times
Close to 30 kids..my 7 month old had fun watching the kids come by. Definitely less than last year.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:31 AM

113 posts, read 372,935 times
I live in Braxton village and we must have had about 50/60 kids or so. maybe more. I wasn't counting as I was more concerned walking my fictional graveyard that i erected dressed as an unknown phantom in my front yard.

Some smaller kids were scared of my costume with red glowing eyes and no face. Those ones, I eventually spoke in a nice happy voice stating that i was just a guy in a suite and have a happy halloween. :-) They liked it.

This is the first time I did anything like this and this will be a tradition! I had spooky music playing in the garage and had build a black cubby in the garage where the kids walked into only to be greeted by another adult dressed as a witch and more spookey things.

I know i went though 250 pieces of candy, giving each kid 3-4 pieces or so.....

I was told quite a few times by kids and adults alike: "we had to come here because we heard this was the scary house of the neighborhood"! Nice to hear!

wait till next year!!!!!! hahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahah

:-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary