Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 05:00 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,664,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshs2 View Post
I did not realize there was a Frankie's Fun Park. There is another Frankie's in Irmo, SC. I second about how expensive it. I have found Chuck E Cheese to be less expensive than Frankie's. There is a Chuck E Cheese's in Raleigh/Durham, right?

What about ice skating? I know there is ice skating in one or a couple of the Charlotte malls, so there should be ice skating available in Raleigh, imo.

We hope y'all have a wonderful and fun-filled weekend.

For the dancers, check out and join Dancing Homeschool's group on Yahoo at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dancinghomeschool .

mshs2
There are several ice rinks. The Factory in Wake Forest has great open skates on weekends. It's nice because there small shops, a skate boarding ramp park as well as a few resturants near there as well as an icecream place (Carvel).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2007, 09:25 AM

478 posts, read 2,045,252 times
Fwiw, my kids liked Pullen Park. But probably could go there once and not go for a good while, and they are a lot younger than the OP's 7 year old. It's a 'kiddie park', imo. I wasn't so impressed, especially with the fencing around the carousel.

Anyone try Bullwinkles?

Looks like there are many skating options, like Jellybeans Super Skate, Raleigh Ice Plex, RecZone, Skate Ranch, Carolina SportsPlex, The Ice House.

How about NC Museum of Natural Sciences?

Old 05-12-2007, 09:30 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,756,527 times
Wow - I cannot believe how much there is to do where you are. This Factory Ice House looks fantastic! I love to go ice skating.
http://www.icehouserinks.com/ (broken link)

Note to self: This is why I NEED to get down to the Carolina's. I think I'll relocate to NC, then I read something about SC, now I'm puuullled back to NC. I gotta get down there...

Have a great weekend whatever you decide to do!

Old 05-18-2007, 08:52 AM

56 posts, read 404,071 times
It is great to hear what all there is to do up in NC with the kids.

Thanks, everyone, for posting some of their favorite places.

mshs2

Old 05-23-2007, 07:34 AM

85 posts, read 334,077 times
The north carolina botanical gardens in chapel hill is gorgeous not sure if you said they were boys or girls (my daugter loves it). Their is also a hiking trail there, piedmont nature trail, with walks of differnt lengths depending on which you take. Also Sarah P Duke gardens at the duke campus in durham. The North Carlonia museam of natural sciences.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:14 AM

2 posts, read 6,045 times
Default Things to do with kids

Funny, I checked here to see if anyone else has ideas. I occaisionally entertain 4-8 year old neices.
We are looking into a public skate at the Ice Plex.
There's rollar skating at the Skate Ranch.
Franke's is expensive and more of less a bunch of video games unless you pay somewhat big dollars for the huge jungle gym thing and all the outdoor stuff is closed right now. We played putt putt but the kids had little interest in doing it right. (mostly just jumped around on the course.)
There's the dollar theatre (Blue Ridge) which has quite a few kids movies out right now. All the ages kids were great and loved Bolt.
The kids always love Pullen Park, but this is going to be a colder weekend than most.
Good luck and maybe we'll see you out and about!
(I'll have the adorable 8 year old twin girls!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary