Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 12:14 PM

12 posts, read 10,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T|K View Post
What programming to do you expect to see in 1080P? Only on demand stuff is 1080P and even then there is not much of it. A Blu Ray player is a better bet for it imo.
I do have a blue ray player. It's very nice. I will take whatever 1080P DirecTV has. They may be adding more as they go. I don't think the cable company has the capability to do it or offer that much as things expand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 02:00 PM
T|K

892 posts, read 2,501,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighton-Forest-Resident View Post
I do have a blue ray player. It's very nice. I will take whatever 1080P DirecTV has. They may be adding more as they go. I don't think the cable company has the capability to do it or offer that much as things expand.
TV stations won't be 1080P for YEARS, they don't have the equipment to do so right now. They will probably even skip 1080P all together for the next greatest resolution as it requires them to buy new cameras, etc. The plan was not to make TV stations 1080P ever really.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:37 AM

151 posts, read 405,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighton-Forest-Resident View Post
Here is what they want to charge me.

$199 to purchase the second HD DVR

$75.99/mo for the service
$15.00/mo for leases. Even though I pruchase one of the HD DVR's I still have to pay to lease it and pay to lease the other two regular boxes. That seems strange to pay $199 for a box and then have to pay a monthly lease fee.
$5.99/mo insurance on the system. Otherwise I have to pay for repairs.
I have to enter into a binding contract.

So I pay $199 up front and then $96.98 per month for the service. That is much more than my cable with the same service, so I am trying to make sure I understand this all before I agree to it.

I have my credit report blocked from access for security reasons, so they want to charge me another upfront fee of $300 for a setup fee, unless I unlock the credit and let them run a check.
Have AAA? Sign up through Directv using the AAA #. You'll immediately save $240 off the currently advertised offer. To find it, search for 'AAA directv' on google. You may also be able to stack it with a referral credit of $100 (ask one of us for our account number), giving you $340 off the nationally advertised price.

Once your recurring credits end you can call them back and negotiate with them on the service. I'm about 20 months into my 24 month contract, gave them a call about 4 weeks ago, and they offered me another $20/mo off for a year, plus HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and Starz all free for 6 months. Without a contract renewal. And that's on top of the free NHL Center Ice I was able to get them to give me because of their ongoing dispute with Versus.

Plus their customer service and quality of product is outstanding .. will never be back with TWC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary