Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 11:02 AM

635 posts, read 3,092,438 times

Advertisements

I concur that you might give Sanford consideration as well. Only 20-30 minutes away, nice small town atmosphere with most mid-sized city services. We have a lot of folks from Bragg in Sanford.

Some Sanford links:

City of Sanford, North Carolina | Official Government Website

Sanford Area Chamber of Commerce

Downtown Sanford, INC. | Sanford, North Carolina

Sanford Herald - News, businesses, classifieds in Sanford, NC

Good luck!
Al
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 07:30 PM

1,106 posts, read 3,533,307 times
I think some of your suggestions are far off as a daily commute unless you really don't mind that sort of thing. I lived in Fayetteville for 16 years of my life and would never choose that much of a commute versus what Fayetteville has to offer.

Check out these areas of Fayetteville:

Ramsey Street, close to Methodist College.
North Raeford Road (don't know the neighborhood but close in between the top of Reaford Road and Rosehill Road is nice, old, and developed with nice homes.)
Hope Mills (my choice)
The top of Rockfish Road (by Jack Britt High School) There are lots of nice neighborhoods here.

Stay away from Spring Lake. Can't warn you enough.

If you need info, just PM your phone number. Because without know what you want (are you a golfer, landscaper, hunter, etc.) it is hard to pin point just one area for you.

Remember a 45 min commute is really 1.5 hours. And a 45 min commute is really an hour commute at speed limit making a total of 2 hrs.

Old 12-31-2009, 07:48 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,869,784 times
Great advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike052082 View Post
I think some of your suggestions are far off as a daily commute unless you really don't mind that sort of thing. I lived in Fayetteville for 16 years of my life and would never choose that much of a commute versus what Fayetteville has to offer.

Check out these areas of Fayetteville:

Ramsey Street, close to Methodist College.
North Raeford Road (don't know the neighborhood but close in between the top of Reaford Road and Rosehill Road is nice, old, and developed with nice homes.)
Hope Mills (my choice)
The top of Rockfish Road (by Jack Britt High School) There are lots of nice neighborhoods here.

Stay away from Spring Lake. Can't warn you enough.

If you need info, just PM your phone number. Because without know what you want (are you a golfer, landscaper, hunter, etc.) it is hard to pin point just one area for you.

Remember a 45 min commute is really 1.5 hours. And a 45 min commute is really an hour commute at speed limit making a total of 2 hrs.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:10 PM

15 posts, read 46,421 times
My husband is on Pope and we know a lot of 82nd families. Pinehurst has good schools and things to do with children, however not so many young families. You may want to check out "Woodlake" it is in Moore county and has many young families. The commute to Bragg is only about 20 minutes.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:37 PM

16 posts, read 37,219 times
Do not move to Fayetteville. That would be a mistake made by so many....
Pinehurst is unbelievable. You actually have to live there to understand. The only draw back for you is the shopping. You want shopping. There is very little shopping. If you don't mind traveling we just jump on the back roads and head for Raleigh. Fayetteville is closer but I refuse to ever drive, return, set foot in that city again.
The schools, health club, sports, running/biking paths, medical facilities, festivals, and celebrations are all top notch!! We can't wait to move back. We miss it more than any where else we have lived or been stationed. And I have more friends in Pinehurst that I have collectively around the states where we have been stationed. Little bit of warning, if you are looking for excitement and entertainment and hustle and bustle....then this is not the place to live. It is a simple beautiful town with tons of golf carts!!

Old 04-22-2010, 09:13 PM

21 posts, read 44,758 times
If I were working at Bragg I would go with the Pinehurst/ Southern Pines area. Nice areas, better prices than the triangle, less traffic than Wake County, and the schools are comparable to Wake. Google "NC School Report Cards" for more info on specific schools.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:09 PM

345 posts, read 1,060,259 times
Link to the Moore County, NC website. You can find links to some of the communities there. From the sound of your post, I'd stick to the eastern side of the county, as the west end (no pun intended) is a bit more rural.

Welcome to the Moore County NC Website

Just be sure if you are looking at a particular home there, use Google Earth to make sure you don't have a large poultry farm in your back yard. If you're pressed for time, you might not drive around to see all of the neighbors. Unless of course, you've always dreamed of living near a poultry farm. In that case, you'll want to know as well.

Good luck...welcome to the Triangle (or nearabouts) and thank you for your service!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary