Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2006, 08:48 AM

36 posts, read 138,160 times

Advertisements

We are relocating within the next 6 months. Hopefully earlier than that.

My husband already has a job lined up in Raleigh, so we would need to stay in that area.

What I am looking for is a nice small town. About 20-50k people. No more than that.

I would love to have a nice downtown area along with the ability to purchase at least an acre of land.

I definately do not want to live in a subdivision, unless I could have the land with it. On the other hand, I do have 4 children so I wouldn't want to be isolated.

Top rated schools are a definate must.

I have been directed to look at Apex and Wake Forest. Any comments on those towns? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2006, 12:59 PM

2 posts, read 3,955 times
Default moving to Wake County

My husband and I are moving to the Raleigh area next year. We've been researching the area lately, and we really like Holly Springs and Apex. We live only an hour away, so we've been able to make day trips to the area. Holly Springs is more affordable than Cary and Apex, yet it is still fairly close to Raleigh (15 miles away).

You can research the schools by going to www.wcpss.net (broken link). Check out the schools' most recent report cards. We are both teachers and we are really impressed by the Apex schools' data.

Also, check out housing at link removed. You can search by city, price range, lot size, etc.

Good luck!
Sarah

Last edited by Yac; 07-24-2006 at 12:45 PM..

Old 07-23-2006, 01:03 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,692,613 times
Stay out of holly springs for now, we are selling our home in Apex we have .89 acres, treed lot less than 1/2 mile form the best schools in the area, Apex is great and close to everything. We have lots of kids in our neighborhood of 14 houses!! Holly springs just got a new landfill and they say home appreciation will be dropping. Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary