Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2007, 03:05 PM

149 posts, read 774,104 times

Advertisements

Since our experience being on the market here in NC is nothing like we experienced when we sold our last house, I am starting to wonder....do some Realtors specialize in selling houses while others specialize in helping people buy houses? Maybe selling a house is not our Realtor's forte'???? We used the same Realtor when we bought the house. We were happy with him then but now, I am starting to wonder...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2007, 09:56 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
Most Realtors have both buyers and sellers. Although most do prefer one over the other.

If your agent took the listing, I'd guess they do both.

Being female AND having control issues...I prefer buyers! You just don't have that much control over WHEN the house will sell and sellers typically want it sold YESTERDAY!

I actually fired one of my sellers a month ago. Funny thing is that when they were buyers, they were actually very nice people. Once they decided to sell (in a very short time due to job issues), they became my sellers and I swear it was like being in the movie "The Exorcist"!!! They became MONSTERS! ALIENS! Some people just don't deal well with stress!

I WAS being NICE!

Vicki

Old 05-14-2007, 07:02 AM

149 posts, read 774,104 times
Aren't all women control freaks ? I know I am so that is maybe why I am having such a hard time waiting for this house to sell. It actually blows my mind it isn't sold yet

Your experience with your sellers you had to fire sounds like us. Not that we are MONSTER ALIENS (or at least I don't think so) but we are selling Moderator cut: Advertise/promote personal residence in Classified Ads forum only

Quote:
If your agent took the listing, I'd guess they do both.

Being female AND having control issues...I prefer buyers! You just don't have that much control over WHEN the house will sell and sellers typically want it sold YESTERDAY!

I actually fired one of my sellers a month ago. Funny thing is that when they were buyers, they were actually very nice people. Once they decided to sell (in a very short time due to job issues), they became my sellers and I swear it was like being in the movie "The Exorcist"!!! They became MONSTERS! ALIENS! Some people just don't deal well with stress!

I WAS being NICE!

Vicki

Old 05-14-2007, 08:37 AM

62 posts, read 257,599 times
I think some Realtors DO have specialties and niches. There are many facets to real estate: residential, commercial, property management, investment, development, etc. I think a lot of new agents typically focus on finding buyers looking for houses and listing homes would be the next step in the progression. Perhaps your agent is relatively new to the business.... or he's more of a buyers agent. Not a knock on him, but its like any other business - people do what they're good at and what they're used to doing. Maybe he's just focused on finding houses and negotiating from the buyers side.

Old 05-14-2007, 08:48 AM

4,606 posts, read 7,690,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halln27 View Post
I think some Realtors DO have specialties and niches. There are many facets to real estate: residential, commercial, property management, investment, development, etc. I think a lot of new agents typically focus on finding buyers looking for houses and listing homes would be the next step in the progression. Perhaps your agent is relatively new to the business.... or he's more of a buyers agent. Not a knock on him, but its like any other business - people do what they're good at and what they're used to doing. Maybe he's just focused on finding houses and negotiating from the buyers side.
Absolutely they specialize in specific areas.
In real estate school they cover that area explaining you are free to choose being a selling agent or a buyers agent, or both. And then you choose your areas of types of real estate to be in business with. It is very open being an agent and no set rules necessarily about your areas of making money.

Old 05-14-2007, 08:58 AM

47 posts, read 195,324 times
Seems to be the case. It requires different skill sets & some people do both, although it may not be their forte. Our friends are trying to sell their home right now & it's priced low for their area b/c they are ready for a different home & just want to move on, ... but they are using the same agent who helped them buy & are not achieving what they had hoped by using her. The agent's focus is also the Cary area & they are trying to sell in the N. Raleigh/WF area...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary