Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 05:36 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,126,288 times

Advertisements

Good luck to you. I lived 10 years in Manhattan (Alphabet City)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 09:25 PM

21 posts, read 49,250 times
saturnfan, Northridge Crossings is probably top on my list of apts to visit next month. Would you happen to have any other recommendations for apts in that area?? I have a list of some to visit but practically all of them have some pretty sketchy reviews. Based on the pricing, flr plan and locale I had a list that also included Hunting Ridge, Six Forks Station, Courtney Place Apts, Mission Capital and Falls Creek Apts/Townhomes. Would you have any advice on them?

Old 11-21-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citychic7 View Post
saturnfan, Northridge Crossings is probably top on my list of apts to visit next month. Would you happen to have any other recommendations for apts in that area?? I have a list of some to visit but practically all of them have some pretty sketchy reviews. Based on the pricing, flr plan and locale I had a list that also included Hunting Ridge, Six Forks Station, Courtney Place Apts, Mission Capital and Falls Creek Apts/Townhomes. Would you have any advice on them?
I know these 3

Hunting Ridge - lived there two years - mucho bugs - falling apart - great location though

Six Forks Station - nice years ago, falling apart

Mission Capital - bad area - Mini-City - high crime - lived in that area 8 years as it sank into the crapper.

Here's a brand new one:

Perry Point just opened right next to us. Nice amenities but smaller and higher rents - great pool and gym - might consider it - a few bad reviews on office staff - we found them clueless when checking out the complex but you can live with that.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:34 PM

Thanks saturnfan for your feedback.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citychic7 View Post
Thanks saturnfan for your feedback.
Hope you find a nice apt.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:45 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,495,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Hope you find a nice apt.
Apartments aren't the problem - there are plenty of nice ones in Raleigh. She better hope they find JOBS - which there are not plenty of right now anywhere in NC

Old 11-22-2009, 04:47 PM

I understand the job situation is tight....it's tight here in NYC as well(appx 10% unemployment rate). But the fact is that we'll have benefits and savings will help keep us afloat for the time we're under a 6 mos lease while we search for jobs. I'd be saving more money down there believe it or not then trying to stay afloat where I currently reside and having to pay for expensive private school tuition.

And yes I understand that finding a job even within 6 mos is not guaranteed. I have other viable options if it comes to that.

Input on the apartments from others is helpful though because they all look great on the websites. Usually, it's not until you've moved in that you find out about all the "issues".

Old 11-23-2009, 08:50 AM

346 posts, read 611,980 times
Default 27610?

I will be living in the 27610 area...I found a beautiful apt in Auston Grove Apts...off New bern Rd and Rogers Lane. I have done a google street view of the surrounding area and it does not appear to be a bad area at all. Ofc common sense about ones security should be employed regardless of where one lives. This part of town is known as East Raleigh and is only 1 -2 miles from Knightdale...seems to me that this area is quite well to do and has safe neighborhoods. My 3 bedroom apt with a rented garage will be approx. $1100/mo.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:53 PM

East Raleigh's not too bad except for horrendous traffic on 64.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:23 PM

346 posts, read 611,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
East Raleigh's not too bad except for horrendous traffic on 64.
Well theres alot of things in close proximity to the complex so it shouldn't take too long to get around...as it is this is a temporary residence... Until we become more familiar with and where we truly want to settle down so I dont expect everything to be perfect. We do think the area appears to be reasonably desirable...its location does make it easy to get to other parts of town...so overall hopefully this will make a good base from which to operate as we get to know Raleigh and its environs...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary